Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Abuja Food Crawl

e-Food? LMAOOOO @Sagir

Love for Food and Landscape photography
Level 10

Hahaha... @Sagir and @SanyaOdare When I’m in LasGidi I’ll join you guys for the Lagos Edition. ✌️

Connect Moderator

You always welcome to join us @U-royFelixA at lasgidi 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

I have never had Nigerian food before @bassey. Your two photos make my mouth water.  I know what okra is, but the other ingredients mentioned sound intriguing. 

I wish the Google engineers would quickly create "smell-o-vision" so I can smell what these two dishes taste like. Is Nigerian cuisine spicy or use a lot of different spices? 

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

Wait! @Sagir@SanyaOdare is there a food activity I’m not aware of? y’all know I’m about food and eating. lol

Level 10

@KarenVChin wrote:

I have never had Nigerian food before @bassey. Your two photos make my mouth water.  I know what okra is, but the other ingredients mentioned sound intriguing. 

I wish the Google engineers would quickly create "smell-o-vision" so I can smell what these two dishes taste like. Is Nigerian cuisine spicy or use a lot of different spices? 

Cheers,

Karen

Hey @KarenVChin I’m glad the photos got the attention of your taste buds. The next time that I can, I will take pictures of the ingredients for more effects 🙂 Meanwhile, Nigerian food can be said to be spicy but mostly mono-spicy (if you know what I mean). So, most dishes have peppers (mostly red peppers) as the only ingredient that introduces spice to the cooking. For some intercontinental dishes (and we have a lot), you’d see the introduction of curry, thyme and in very few cases, garlic; but for local dishes, >90% of the time, red peppers only.

Whenever you get to be in Nigeria, your experience of our cuisine is on me. 

For smell-o-vision, I can imagine attaching aromas to these pictures and adding to maps 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thanks for being more descriptive @bassey and your offer of food and seeing Abuja. You have to get in line. @U-royFelixA and @SanyaOdare both owe me big time for a personal guided tour of Nigeria, especially Lagos. I've been told U-roy will make my arrival a national holiday!  = )

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

🤣🤣🤣🤣 Absolutely @KarenVChin Also, a chieftancy robe awaits you. You’ll most definitely love “Naija” as fondly called by Nigerians. @SanyaOdare Knows all the great spots in Lagos to eat Naija food. He’s taken me to couple.  

Level 10

O.K @U-royFelixA, we look forward to having you in Lagos - soon.

@U-royFelixA wrote:

Hahaha... @Sagir and @SanyaOdare When I’m in LasGidi I’ll join you guys for the Lagos Edition. ✌️

Level 10

@bassey, I'm not aware of any food crawl in Lagos - for now. However, even if there's going to be any; be rest assured that I will also do a good job of not letting you know about it, "just" post the pictures here on Connect and enjoy the real tasting alone - just the way you did with your Abuja Food Crawl. O.K? :))

@bassey wrote:

Wait! @Sagir@SanyaOdare is there a food activity I’m not aware of? y’all know I’m about food and eating. lol