MariaFernandaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

A local Local Guide guiding a Local Guide [Recap] #LGsummit2017 - Part 7 (By Maria)

A local Local Guide guiding a Local Guide [Recap] #LGsummit2017 - Part 6 (By Maria)

We are going to have many parts... This is the link for going to the index 

Part 1 here: By Ermest

Part 2 here: By Alejandra

Part 3 here: By Sarah

Part 4 here: By Natalka

Part 5 here: By Andras

Part 6 here: By Sonia 

Tuesday Oct 10 23:30 - Ok it's time to go to bed...
6 hours later I was trying to wake up, like I do every day, thinking "just 10min more..." When I realized wow we are going to Google Plex super early, ok Maria, just jump of the bed! 
Mission accomplished: I was ready and on time for breakfast! Our little gang of 151 Local Guides were there super happy and with some sleepy faces! I know that wasn't the first official event, but was one of the "this is really happening" moments for me.

Good Morning time! :)Good Morning time! 🙂

Group calling -> of to the bus -> let's take the road! 

After a while: there it is, finally! The place that all of us wanted to arrive at. I'm sure that even the super lucky Local Guides who attended the Summit16 were very excited too!

Arriving I was already like "OMG this place is amazing!!!" We were still on the road... All the fuzz was because of a street sign "Ave Enterprise" with a little Enterprise spaceship! (Geeks will understand - it was the Star Trek spaceship!!!) I was in love!

Ok, going back to the important part: the Google Tech Corners was there.

A huge room was set to a morning of talks and wonders! It was so cute! As we Local Guides love a picture, it was time to take some 843458572997 pics! Just had some time before the beginning of the activities so... Strike a pose!!!

20171011_091355.jpg

I told you.... a lot of pictures!!I told you.... a lot of pictures!!That picture!! I love this one!That picture!! I love this one!

I was really looking forward to listening more about who works at Google an how is the life and work, but I have to confess: what a beautiful surprise was that incredible photo of Ipanema Beach on the big screen when Luiz Barroso started his chat with us. Luiz isn't just from Brazil, he is a Carioca like me! (Carioca = people from Rio de Janeiro)

It was a delightful morning! So many people, so many histories and news and amazing Google things!

Like a blink of eyes was lunch time. I had the pleasure to be selected to have lunch with Dane Glasgow, a vice president who works on Google Maps. It was me and 5 of my new LG friends. We had a nice chat about the program: basically a bunch of happy "kids" talking and eating together. I loved it!

Then it was time to regroup. We still have an entire afternoon ahead...

Part 6 - chapter 1 finished. 
Let's go to Part 6 - chapter 2:

It was 3am at the Capri Motel: "Can I sleep a little more???zzzzzz"
Nope, it was time to head to Yosemite! After weeks of preparation... With the help of the @KarenVChin 

I was so excited! But also very sleepy. 

A selfie before take the road!A selfie before take the road! 

Fine, all ready to go. 7 of us. Going to meet the rest of the group! 12,5 people! 2 cars (those really American cars). After a couple of hours, we were back as 1 group!

Yosemite is unbelievable. We only had one day there... Next time I'll need 4-5 days at least!

An entire day of walking, seeing how incredibly nature is, how tiny we are comparing with this world... And how scary I was after 7pm walking in the middle of the park.

Yosemite!!!!Yosemite!!!!

After an amazing day with my humans and animals (dogs and squirrel) friends, the night arrived and was almost like that movie "The Blair Witch Project": a group of friends walking to the woods... Dude... The sound of the wild life was getting louder... The cold was getting stronger... And I was like "take me out of here!!!!!" 

Blair Witch Project, right? Yep... trash picture but real - I was walking very fast.... OMGBlair Witch Project, right? Yep... trash picture but real - I was walking very fast.... OMG

We were all together again, I was happy! Life is good! If a bear shows now I think I have more chance to survive! Iupiiiiii! Let's finish this great day, right?! No, not yet... where is the driver??

Next part by @TimBull 🙂

special thanks to @Andras_H for invited me to write this Recap; To @ErmesT for starting this super fun series; to all Summit attendees I had a great time (and I'm very thankfull for our photo album!), and to my Yosemite familly @SoniaK Andras Tim @YK1001 @Badruddeen @MuhannadK @RohithaF @AinurZ Mahabub Joe

38 comments
Level 8

Re: A local Local Guide guiding a Local Guide [Recap] #LGsummit2017 - Part 6 (By Maria)

@MariaFernandaS, you are the choosen one.

No need to be afraid.  No matter it is out in darkness, in the middle of the sea, in the highest point of the world, you belongs to there.  Just feel like home.

I want to read more, you have so much yet to tell!

Connect Moderator

Re: A local Local Guide guiding a Local Guide [Recap] #LGsummit2017 - Part 7 (By Maria)

Thanks @MariaFernandaS, your file is indexed.

Only a small request: We have inserted a post from @SoniaK, that is actually the episode 6.

Can you please update the info in your post to EP. 7?

One more question: were you helped by a local Local Guide during your stay? can you reveal the name?

Thanks

Ok, now let's talk. Your post is .. wow, is beautiful and super funny. Your Blair Witch Project is so real, so dark.

But you were there with a lot of friends, good friends, so, why scared?

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Re: A local Local Guide guiding a Local Guide [Recap] #LGsummit2017 - Part 6 (By Maria)

OMG @MariaFernandaS. This is awesome! You just took me back to Yosemite and to those moments in San Francisco. So much we had shared together! So many thing we have done together! And the time passed so fast, like the blink of an eye (I had to steal that phrase from you)...... I am so nostalgic right now. I wish time had stopped still in front of that Mirror Lake or at pier 39 on the last evening, or at Google Plex or anywhere we were together! I am so glad that I have met you. I made a best friend in such a short time out of nowhere. Indeed, you are Jewel, from Rio. Love you, girl.

Level 7

Re: A local Local Guide guiding a Local Guide [Recap] #LGsummit2017 - Part 7 (By Maria)

Hi @ErmesT

Take a look and see if the post is ok now. 🙂

Thanks! Well... I were with good friends, but at some moments we were apart in small groups, and even with the whole gang together: we (humans) are the stupidest kind of animal on the wild! Can you imagine Maria x bear? hahahhahahahhahahhaha would be ridiculous! 🙂

Level 8

We will fend off the bears for you, @MariaFernandaS!

Level 7

Awwwwwwww @SoniaK and @YK1001 you two are so kind with me!

I had a great time with you guys! And when I say "my Yosemite family" this means a lot to me! You two are going to disagree with me but I'm really shy and usually I just shutdown when I'm with new people and a new group... I don't do friendship quickly, it's rare... and happened with you guys! 🙂

I'm missing all of you all the time! 🙂

Best Summit eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!!

Level 8

I am a reflector, @MariaFernandaS.

You can see kindness in me, only because you are so kind to me!

Level 9

@SoniaK  we have here another great story teller ,

@MariaFernandaS you do great job, thumps up and keep it up 👍

big bro @ErmesT after finish all  wonderful recaps i Suggest to make a PDF or make a book  ,this will be awesome  

Level 9

@MariaFernandaS thanks a lot for this post.

Post like this just increase thirstyness of us like a camel in a desert 🙂 🙂 🙂