ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Level 8

โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’œAdventures of @Ermes [Recap] #LGsummit2017 - Part 1 โค๏ธ ๐Ÿ’› ๐Ÿ’š ๐Ÿ’™ ๐Ÿ’œ

Great history of what happened at the Summit.

So tell where did you stay @ErmesT? Was it the kind of place that you do not need to given mention to as the hotel being sans 5 stars? Or maybe @SP31 @Justine2807 @SarahKa were guiding companions? At your hotel perhaps the plastic cups were covered in paper and no toiletries were provided but offered for sale in the lobby. The phrase I like most is your "buildings lighted by the sun, blades of light, reverberation of light, passing through the buildings" (1). (Kudos very poetic).

So then @PaulPavlinovich what do you think of the phrase for Ermes at the Summit after reading I think he was communicating to us that the windows became a fluid medium of liquid gold reflecting effortlessly off scyscraper window---in a way transporting the golden California light through the dark

@ErmesT wrote:

Monday, October 9, my alarm setting is to 4 am. At 3:30 I'm already awake, I can't sleep. Everything is ready, packed in my luggage, Visa, passport, ticket, camera, already in a pocket of my backpack. Waiting, waiting for the alarm to ring, waiting for the life to start. My cats are watching, quite surprised to see me already up. Waiting, with nothing to do. Ok, go to Connect man, for welcoming some new members, and reply to the people from east, where is already morning, life, activity.

Waiting. Ok, it is 3:55, let's prepare the coffe, and go to wake up @AntonellaGr, my wife, my alter ego. Switch the alarm off , i don't need it.

The smell of the coffe is in the air, now. Well, my LGSummit17 adventure starts now.

What are you doing? It is 3:30 am, switch off the lightWhat are you doing? It is 3:30 am, switch off the light   Caption - A coffee cup at 4 am made with the classic Italian MokaCaption - A coffee cup at 4 am made with the classic Italian Moka

At 5am I am at the Venice Airport, to drop my luggage. All shops are closed, there is only one bar opened, I need more caffeine, the journey will be very long.

8:30, in Frankfurt now, passing the queue for the passport control, then I'm in, no more barriers between me and the States. My flight will start in 90 minutes.

Mapping in the airport is funny and relaxing and, you can believe it or not, some place is missing ๐Ÿ™‚

10:00  - Flying now - It is quite strange to fly west, following the sun, in a never ending day.

Passing over Iceland

IMG_20171009_151434.jpg

Landing in San Francisco at 2:00 PM (midnight for my body) of a sunny day, and passed the immigration control, I had my first nice experience:

At the airport's BART, I was trying to understand how to manage it, when a girl came out of the station, smiling. Take mine, I don't need it, I'm leaving now. She dropped a ticket in my hand, and entered in the airport with a smile.
This was my first present from the Summit.

My hotel was beautiful, minutes to Union square, a nice place to spend a few hours, waiting for a reasonable time for having a dinner, fighting with my internal watch, that was screaming, claiming that it was already 1:00 am.

Ring, my phone is giving me a message. And my guided tour, with a wonderful local Local Guide started.

K1.JPG

I've been helped, guided, from my very first step in USA, carefully protected. Well, this is a private message, but I know tha most of you, the 150, had a similar experience.

If in some day, in some future moment, Google want to invent a "best local Local Guide Award", I want to be the one that say ... "and the winner is ....."

I want to give it with my hands, a big golden PIN, rising it, ... "and the winner is ....."

"Union square is nice to take photos ..."

Yes it is, Is a very inspiring place

DSC03576.jpg

with a lot of places around, there and down to Market, for interesting shopping.

But the subject that captured my eyes was the square at sunset, with the shadow covering everything in dark, with the top of the buildings lighted by the sun

Caption: Union Square - San Francisco - Sunset - Local Guide @ermestCaption: Union Square - San Francisco - Sunset - Local Guide @ermest

blades of light, reverberation of light, passing through the buildings, using the windows reflection to move the light down to the canyons

Caption - Sunset reflection on San Francisco Union Square Marriot Hotel - Local Guide @ermestCaption - Sunset reflection on San Francisco Union Square Marriot Hotel - Local Guide @ermest

Ok, do shopping, even if my body is claiming a bed, then ...

k2.JPG... "and the winner is ....."

I was just passing in front of Sears, it was perfect, barely understanding what was the dinner. I've only putted a finger over the menu. "This one". "with smashed potatoes?", "yes, please"

before 9 pm I was sleeping, dead body in a huge double bed, my alarm set at 7:30

3:30, my body is knocking on my head, telling me that is already lunch time

6:30 I'm up, having a shower. Today is the day, a long long day that drive me to the Summit. Maps say: "30 minutes walking, from Union square to Hyatt"

I have time, I can go and have breakfast and, going out ...

Oh My God, Sunrise was unexpected, breathtaking, a Golden sunrise.

DSC03601.jpg Caption - Sunrise reflection - San Francisco - Local guide @ermestCaption - Sunrise reflection - San Francisco - Local guide @ermest DSC03598.jpg

Now, it's time to go, the long way is in front of me, let's climb, now...

Caption, Cable cars at Union SquareCaption, Cable cars at Union Square

... "and the winner is ....."

back to the index

concrete forest and perhaps by his description alone we knew without hearing, seeing or smelling his stench or counting the hairs on his forearm a star from Italy had arrived in San Francisco, California.

California Golden SunsetCalifornia Golden Sunset

1.  Tuon, Ermes, Google Moderator Summit 17 Travel:Local Guide guiding a Local Guide [Recap] #LGsummit2017

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Level 8

Re: A local Local Guide guiding a Local Guide [Recap] #LGsummit2017 - Part 1

@ErmesT Wow I've never been to San Fran or Google Summit I would be honored  to be the first Perth local guide to visit all these [Recaps] gives me a sense

@ErmesT wrote:

Monday, October 9, my alarm setting is to 4 am. At 3:30 I'm already awake, I can't sleep. Everything is ready, packed in my luggage, Visa, passport, ticket, camera, already in a pocket of my backpack. Waiting, waiting for the alarm to ring, waiting for the life to start. My cats are watching, quite surprised to see me already up. Waiting, with nothing to do. Ok, go to Connect man, for welcoming some new members, and reply to the people from east, where is already morning, life, activity.

Waiting. Ok, it is 3:55, let's prepare the coffe, and go to wake up @AntonellaGr, my wife, my alter ego. Switch the alarm off , i don't need it.

The smell of the coffe is in the air, now. Well, my LGSummit17 adventure starts now.

What are you doing? It is 3:30 am, switch off the lightWhat are you doing? It is 3:30 am, switch off the light   Caption - A coffee cup at 4 am made with the classic Italian MokaCaption - A coffee cup at 4 am made with the classic Italian Moka

At 5am I am at the Venice Airport, to drop my luggage. All shops are closed, there is only one bar opened, I need more caffeine, the journey will be very long.

8:30, in Frankfurt now, passing the queue for the passport control, then I'm in, no more barriers between me and the States. My flight will start in 90 minutes.

Mapping in the airport is funny and relaxing and, you can believe it or not, some place is missing ๐Ÿ™‚

10:00  - Flying now - It is quite strange to fly west, following the sun, in a never ending day.

Passing over Iceland

IMG_20171009_151434.jpg

Landing in San Francisco at 2:00 PM (midnight for my body) of a sunny day, and passed the immigration control, I had my first nice experience:

At the airport's BART, I was trying to understand how to manage it, when a girl came out of the station, smiling. Take mine, I don't need it, I'm leaving now. She dropped a ticket in my hand, and entered in the airport with a smile.

My hotel was beautiful, minutes to Union square, a nice place to spend a few hours, waiting for a reasonable time for having a dinner, fighting with my internal watch, that was screaming, claiming that it was already 1:00 am.

Ring, my phone is giving me a message. And my guided tour, with a wonderful local Local Guide started.

K1.JPG

I've been helped, guided, from my very first step in USA, carefully protected. Well, this is a private message, but I know tha most of you, the 150, had a similar experience.

If in some day, in some future moment, Google want to invent a "best local Local Guide Award", I want to be the one that say ... "and the winner is ....."

I want to give it with my hands, a big golden PIN, rising it, ... "and the winner is ....."

DSC03576.jpg

with a lot of places around, there and down to Market, for interesting shopping.

But the subject that captured my eyes was the square at sunset, with the shadow covering everything in dark, with the top of the buildings lighted by the sun

Caption: Union Square - San Francisco - Sunset - Local Guide @ermestCaption: Union Square - San Francisco - Sunset - Local Guide @ermest

blades of light, reverberation of light, passing through the buildings, using the windows reflection to move the light down to the canyons

Caption - Sunset reflection on San Francisco Union Square Marriot Hotel - Local Guide @ermestCaption - Sunset reflection on San Francisco Union Square Marriot Hotel - Local Guide @ermest

I was just passing in front of Sears, it was perfect, barely understanding what was the dinner. I've only putted a finger over the menu. "This one". "with smashed potatoes?", "yes, please"

before 9 pm I was sleeping, dead body in a huge double bed, my alarm set at 7:30

6:30 I'm up, having a shower. Today is the day, a long long day that drive me to the Summit. Maps say: "30 minutes walking, from Union square to Hyatt"

DSC03601.jpg Caption - Sunrise reflection - San Francisco - Local guide @ermestCaption - Sunrise reflection - San Francisco - Local guide @ermest DSC03598.jpg

back to the index

of adventure thanks for sharing @ErmesT  Looks great

Level 10

Wow @ErmesT you are for sure a great writer. I could feel it as if it was happening to me while reading it. Many beautiful pictures, let's not forget you are also a great photographer! I loved this post. ๐Ÿ™‚

ermest ha escrito:

Passing over Iceland

IMG_20171009_151434.jpg

K1.JPG

DSC03576.jpg

back to the index

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Connect Moderator

Thanks @ValeriaA_

I am happy that you like the story, and, yes, the idea in writing this was to share a physical experience to you, to everyone that want to read this post. To be supported by a local is probably one of the best experience, if you have a very short time, and if the person that is guiding you is a so great Local Guide like @KarenVChin is.

She changed my day, from ordinary to wonderful, in a few minutes.

Have a great day

Ermes

Level 9

wow Nice photos and Interesting stories .

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 9

@ErmesT You write very interesting, thank You for it. Like a buddy, I myself visited the summit of local guides in San Francisco ๐Ÿ™‚