HelloJess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

A New and Improved Meet-Up Site

Today we’re announcing a new meet-up site to Local Guides Level 4+ and past meet-up hosts. We’re excited to give you the chance to try it out and submit a meet-up of your own. We want to make sure the site shows a diverse mix of meet-ups when we share it with Local Guides globally in a couple of weeks. Getting your meet-up featured on the new site will be a great way for other Local Guides to find out more about you and your local community.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 11.08.54 AM.png

So what’s new? A lot!

• Making it easier to find meet-ups — You can now filter by city, date and meet-up type.
    • Quicker moderation — We’ll review your submitted meet-up within one week and notify you once it’s been reviewed. If approved, your meet-up will appear in the meet-up search results.
    • A unique page for each meet-up — Once approved, you’ll receive a unique link to your meet-up page that you can share across social networks and other channels.
    • Local Guides Connect — For approved meet-ups, we’ll automatically share a post on Local Guides Connect where you can discuss and share more details with attendees.
    • Attendee registration — Local Guides can register to attend your meet-up right on your meet-up’s page. You’ll be able to set a maximum capacity for your meet-up and keep track of registration numbers as the date approaches.
    • Automated notifications — Local Guides who sign up to attend will receive a reminder email a couple of days before your meet-up. We’ll also send you a reminder email to make sure you have everything set. 

We’ll begin reviewing meet-up submissions now. Those that are submitted and approved in the next two weeks will appear on the site when we notify all Local Guides globally.

Check out the new site at g.co/localguides/meetup and let us know what you think in the comments below.

183 comments
Level 8

Meet Up Calendar Issue

HI @HelloJess  I've noticed a problem while submitting any meet up to the calendar. The date and time got changed automatically.

I submitted a meet up scheduled as 19th Feb, 2017 12:00pm-4:00pm, But when I checked that appearing in the calendar, it was showing 11:30am-2:30pm. Is that a problem or Google Moderators do this change for any particular reason. Please take a look at this problem.

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan

Re: Meet Up Calendar Issue

Hi @Sovon - In your submission I see you indicated 12 pm to 4 pm, but on your Google+ Event it shows 11:30 am to 2:30 pm (in the "Details" section). We typically put whatever time is listed on your event page since that's what your advertising to Local Guides. Do you want me to change it to 12-4 pm?

Level 10

Re: A New and Improved Meet-Up Site

@HelloJess awesome . Thanks for share with us . 

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

@HelloJess wow...  Great

What a Site...  I llike something new..  

Level 8

@HelloJess This is really helpful. Exploring it for the first time. Will let you know if I have any questions or suggestions. 

Level 10

Draft save function for new meet-up submission form

The new meet-up submission for and the listing is very nice.

Today I tried to submit a meet-up and after filling everything, I could not find a good photo to upload for the cover. I want to save what I have already entered as a draft and upload a photo later and submit the form. This feature is not avialble.

It would be helpful for local guides if there is an option to save a draft of the meet-up submission form. 

Re: Draft save function for new meet-up submission form

@AnuradhaP Thanks, we are glad you are liking it so far! We will pass along the draft option request, but its not part of the current scope/launch of this platform. Perhaps in a future iteration 🙂 

Level 8

Re: Meet Up Calendar Issue

Hi @HelloJess First of all sorry for replying late.

Actually when I created that meet up, I scheduled that 12pm-4pm. But when I checked the calendar I seen the time was 11:30am-2:30pm. So I changed the event time to match the calendar and then posted about it on LG Connects.

But everything is okay now. 🙂

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Level 10

Re: Draft save function for new meet-up submission form

@Corrie 30 characters for meet-up name is not enough. In Sri Lanka we are having long city names like Anuradhapura, Batticaloa, Siyambalanduwa, etc.... If we put a name of city for meet-up name there won't be enough space for write something meaningful. 🙂