HelloJess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

A New and Improved Meet-Up Site

Today we’re announcing a new meet-up site to Local Guides Level 4+ and past meet-up hosts. We’re excited to give you the chance to try it out and submit a meet-up of your own. We want to make sure the site shows a diverse mix of meet-ups when we share it with Local Guides globally in a couple of weeks. Getting your meet-up featured on the new site will be a great way for other Local Guides to find out more about you and your local community.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 11.08.54 AM.png

So what’s new? A lot!

• Making it easier to find meet-ups — You can now filter by city, date and meet-up type.
    • Quicker moderation — We’ll review your submitted meet-up within one week and notify you once it’s been reviewed. If approved, your meet-up will appear in the meet-up search results.
    • A unique page for each meet-up — Once approved, you’ll receive a unique link to your meet-up page that you can share across social networks and other channels.
    • Local Guides Connect — For approved meet-ups, we’ll automatically share a post on Local Guides Connect where you can discuss and share more details with attendees.
    • Attendee registration — Local Guides can register to attend your meet-up right on your meet-up’s page. You’ll be able to set a maximum capacity for your meet-up and keep track of registration numbers as the date approaches.
    • Automated notifications — Local Guides who sign up to attend will receive a reminder email a couple of days before your meet-up. We’ll also send you a reminder email to make sure you have everything set. 

We’ll begin reviewing meet-up submissions now. Those that are submitted and approved in the next two weeks will appear on the site when we notify all Local Guides globally.

Check out the new site at g.co/localguides/meetup and let us know what you think in the comments below.

33 comments
Level 5

Re: A New and Improved Meet-Up Site

great feature! looking forward to organise new meet-ups, especially photowalk in and around Mumbai, Surat & Ahmedabad.

Level 9

@HelloJess Great. I have used it and encountered a problem. I have also submitted the feedback. The date i mentioned changed automatically to 17 Feb, but I selected 18 Feb for the Meet Up. Hope you forward it to the team.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Level 5

hello @MadanKPradhan, this is one such issue even i was struggling through. i have my time zone +5.30 : India. are you using the same?

@MadanK wrote:

@HelloJess Great. I have used it and encountered a problem. I have also submitted the feedback. The date i mentioned changed automatically to 17 Feb, but I selected 18 Feb for the Meet Up. Hope you forward it to the team.

Level 9

@DarshilS ya it's the same time zone, because its the nearest to my location (Biratnagar, Nepal).

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube

@MadanKPradhan What was the name of your meet-up? 

Level 10

Hi @HelloJess saw this morning after the email. Noticed some slight graphic issues due to localization:

Schermata 2017-01-27 alle 11.45.15.png

Another thing: i expect the events to be filtered out while selecting a specific date, but maybe this is by design.

And my Italia Local Guides event is not reported here: is this beta page loading only a subset of events?

Schermata 2017-01-27 alle 11.48.11.png

Thanks!

@LucioV The graphics issue is a known issue so we'll address that soon.

What do you mean by filtering out meet-ups when selecting a specific date? If you select a date, it should show you all meet-ups happening on or after that date.

Please submit your Italia Local Guides event so we can review.

Level 10

Hi Jessica, so this is how i intended the date selector to work, but if try to select march, 25, it shows event for february.

Please, have a look to this short video:

My event was already featured in the calendar, so i expect to find it also here.

Anyway this is the event page: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cpps9ke86c8q1c804viahfo6qis

Thanks!

Level 10

@HelloJess you can see the event was already featured in these screenshots from a cache copy of the LG event section:

Schermata 2017-01-27 alle 12.09.42.png

Schermata 2017-01-27 alle 12.09.52.png

So maybe something has being lost during the export/import of the events.

Thanks