cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: 2018 The "36" Walk - Register your Walk - Most walks will be on April 21st

WOW, It is a great announcement.

Hi everyone,

In today's world with easy access to a camera and no true cost to making loads of images we tend to become snap happy. This means our photos are not as good as they could be because we can choose the best ones later. Trouble is sometimes we get lazy and just share the less perfect ones. In the old days we shot film we had a limited number of shots, the most common was 36 per roll. Being limited forces you to consider each shot and to think about whether you need it or not. In a Local Guides context the better our photos are that we upload to Maps the more useful they are and the more interesting they make the place we're trying to showcase. This idea applies to all photography whether it be on your phone, a mirrorless, a dslr, or even a film camera.

Last year my little "36" Walk went global thanks to the awesome people here on Local Guides Connect. It's time to do it again - this is global year 2. You can read up about last years event and all the individual walks in this set of recap articles here on Connect.

To register your walk 

1. Think about where you want to do your walk

2. Create your Meetup https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup name it "The 36 Walk City" where City is your intended City/Suburb/Locality

3. Once your Meetup is approved complete this form so I can verify you, add you to the MyMap and keep you updated. Your contact information will not be shared.

4. Publish your walk to your socials and beat your drum to gather Local Guides and other attendees (I call these future Local Guides)

5. Have an awesome walk

I will continue to promote the event and will promote your individual walk via the MyMap (to be published soon).

Regards Paul

Follow me here.....
Connect Moderator

@FaridTDF Tu caminata será increíble, tu parte del mundo es simplemente hermosa.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Ch-Marwen would you like to stand up a walk?

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Meraj I look forward to your walk.

Level 10

Hi @PaulPavlinovich

It's a good news especially for me because last year I missed the event. I was quite new that time so I didn't know what to do. 

But this year ,I will contribute in your  2018 The 36 walk global idea.

Count me in, I am going to share your post in our social media communities in Malaysia ,to motivate more local guides to host meet ups different cities in Malaysia. 

You will see the results soon.

Have a nice day 

Level 10

Hi @Haseeb @StephenAbraham

Check this great idea by @PaulPavlinovich.

Connect Moderator

Excellent @AkmalB it will be great to have Malaysia in this year.

Connect Moderator

Hey @PaulPavlinovich please count me in. I will arrange meetup very soon.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

looking forward for this !

all the best 

Connect Moderator

Will you run a walk @NalinK?