OmerAli's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

1st Multan Photo Walk - Recap

We recently had a 1st photo walk google local guides meetup in Multan, Pakistan. 

We had very little attendance and just two of us worked together to 'map our world', But the experience was phenomenal. 

I would like to summarize it as:

• Its a whole new different feeling of meeting like-minded passionate individuals who care for the same cause. 
  • We were so passionate about clicking the photos that we felt almost like the best buddies ever and never had to go through the ice-breaking session, which was great as well
  • At first we expected to get 'those looks', people staring at us. But, surprising everyone wanted to know what we were doing and we ended up explaining the concept to about 50-ish young lads. 
  • Most of these guys already signed up for Local guide program and wish to join another meetup (which is on its way)
  • We also had the chance to talk to local shoppers and got very positive vibes and feedback about the whole concept. 
  • We were also welcomed to make/take photo spheres of the businesses (next time on our meetup as a priority item).

Here's a very brief video of some of the places we went, some of the pictures we took and the participants obviously. 

Multan, Punjab, Pakistan
6 comments
Level 9

Re: 1st Multan Photo Walk - Recap

Amazing @OmerAli!!!!

That is an awesome video! And never worry about how many show up. Two is as good as any!

You should have shared this in the community. A lot of Local Guides from Pakistan miss it otherwise. . . 

Level 8

Very Nice video and keep upload more videos best of luck 

Level 2

If I knew about this earlier on I would have attended but maybe next time.

Level 9

@OmerAli seems you had a nice meet-up. I always record videos during the meet-up and posting the videos in recap post and encouraging others to host meet-ups. next time just try this. 

check my few meet-up videos. hope you will host more meet-ups in future. all the best

1-  lagoon trailVideo

2-  cafe talk - Video

3-  Batticaloa photowalk - Video

4-  Batticaloa Geowalk - Video

5-  National LG meetupVideo

6-  Batticaloa book donationVideo

7-  SriLanka Local Guides Geo Walk - Video

8-  SriLanka Local Guides Geo Walk - Video

9- Sri Lanka - The "36" Arugambay - Video

10- Knowledge Sharing SessionVideo

Connect Moderator

@UsmanK

I am definitely getting you in Loop. I am planning a next meetup before Ramadan Karim, somewhere between 15th and 20th May. 

I will give you a shout. 

regards

Connect Moderator

@IlankovanT

Thanks a lot for your comments and valuable input regarding meetup-recaps.

Those resources are excellent and I am definitely going to add them in my meetups next time. 

cheers mate