cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Why I have been taken off points?

@MariaBi

Hi Maria:

My points went down in 6th of February, until 5th of February I had 308. Attached a screenshot taken yesterday evening.

The link you sent me before is not working...

Best regards

Screenshot_20170207-151924.png

Former Google Contributor

Many thanks for the screenshot and detailed information, @MarceloT. Did you notice if the points have been dropping respect on the photos and / or reviews? All the links I have sent you are working. Did you mean this one togo to the Help Center → goo.gl/VRcd1w ? Please let me know if you still find any difficulties to connect and I'll send you all again.

I will need from you some more screenshots from Google Maps, though. If you prefer you can send them to me in private using our private messaging option. Here a step-by-step procedure:

1) Go on your profile in Google Maps and click on the menu:

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 16.21.48.png

2) Scroll the menu and open 'your contribution"

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 16.23.23.png

3) Take one screenshot of your profile with your points :

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 16.25.03.png

4) Click on "Reviews" and take a screenshot including your current reviews: 

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 16.26.50.png

5)  Do the same with 'Photos":

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 16.31.22.png

Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem too...
A few days ago I added some reviews taking my contributions to overcome the threshold of 500.

Today, with my surprise, I find that the total of my contribution has decreased to 388, even 113 points lower!

How could this happen?

Below are some screen-shot of my position

Screenshot_01.jpgScreenshot_02.jpgScreenshot_03.jpgScreenshot_04.jpgScreenshot_05.jpg

Thanks in advance for your attention

Paolo

Level 8

@MariaBi

Dear Maria:

Attached the screenshots from yesterday night (Kenya time) and now. I have 18 points less again...

At the beginning (certain time) I had 266 points, then I performed the review of 16 places and each place with 2 pictures at least and 2 reviews without pictures. According to the rules I should got 34 points. If you sum up 266 + 34 = 300 what I got at the end of the night.

This morning I wake up and check and I have 282 points. This is clearly wrong!!!!! Please help me to find a logical explanation of this or correct the verification algorithm of google, because, instead of encouraging google with this implemented system is obtaining the opposite

I added many places (near 20), reviews and at least 2 pictures for each place .I added many places (near 20), reviews and at least 2 pictures for each place .This morning with reduced pointsThis morning with reduced pointsBefore doing additionsBefore doing additions

Level 8

Meanwhile I was writing the previous email, my points were reduced again! It is clearly WRONG. Possibilities:

1) There is a problem in the google algorithm

2) There is a hidden policy of google to avoid have too much local guides in a certain category

3) There is hidden policy to accept the reviews performed and not published

4) There is a hidden policy to accept a picture and so reduce the points  

Which on is it??? We need a logical and credible explanation. This is not in any menu, in any help written by google, or in any policy. These are not answers to the problem. Now I added the proofs and it is not eteric or elucidation, this is clearly proved that is wrong.   

Screenshot_20170209-094711.png

Level 8

@MariaBi

Dear Maria:

Attached a screenshots of one problem discovered:

1) In my review of Ulugbek Madrasa (Улугбек Мадраса) I added 8 pictures. ALL the pictures are of the exterior of the Madrasa and anyone can appreciate.

2) In the google just appear my review without any picture!

Is this a mistake or the pictures were banned? 

The same for Gur-e Mir I added 4 pictures and retrieve 3. Nevertheless, the difference is 1 point.

What I added (review and 8 pictures of exterior)What I added (review and 8 pictures of exterior)What google show (no pictures)What google show (no pictures)

Level 8

@MariaBi

Attached another problem:

I cannot add more pictures to Puma Punku site (in La Paz - Bolivia). In the past I added 2 pictures but just consider 1. Now, I tried to add many pictures and do not show them. Just the messages as presented below.

It is a bug? or policy? what is it?

At the beginning. Before addingAt the beginning. Before addingAdding 3 picturesAdding 3 picturesMessage after adding 3 picturesMessage after adding 3 picturesAfter the addition: No pictures addedAfter the addition: No pictures added