EmanueleBonsignore's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Utente che fa spam

Ciao a tutti.

Vorrei portare all'attenzione di qualche moderatore il comportamento scorretto di un utente.

In pratica: nei dintorni di Marzocca, Montemarciano, Falconara, Chiaravalle e Jesi, qualcuno ha deciso di spammare il suo sito web in modo da attirare visitatori e farsi qualche soldo. Puntualmente, quando vado a verificare le informazioni sui luoghi e mi compare quel sito web, io dico a Google che quello NON è il sito corrispondente al luogo.

Uno dei tanti luoghi in cui è passato lo spammer è questo qui. Allego anche una foto:20180517_223355.jpg

La mia paura però è che, in qualche modo, lo spammer riesca lo stesso a far apparire il suo sito da qualche parte. Per questo vorrei chiedere a qualche googler di intervenire. Noi guide locali non possiamo vedere chi è che suggerisce le modifiche, ma lo staff di Google sicuramente può.

Taggo @BruceDM in quanto è l'unico googler che mi viene in mente al momento.

Spero che si possano prendere provvedimenti!

9 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Utente che fa spam

Hello @EmanueleBonsignore  - 

Thank you for sharing. I am having a little trouble understanding the translation so please correct me if I have something wrong.

Does that place exist?

If it exists, is it only "check the facts" that is showing incorrect information? 

If that is the case, if you mark the answer as "No", that will help Google's bot-learning properly remove the incorrect website from the location. At this time, I do not see a website listed for this place so perhaps your answering the questions correctly has made the difference here.

If there are more examples or I have misunderstood your question, please feel free to tag me again. Thank you.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Connect Moderator

Yes you are understanding correctly @BruceDM.

As far as I know, the website still listed in the "fact checking" only.

According to what @EmanueleBonsignore said, the same site is suggested also in other places in the area. With a quick check, I can confirm this, I have found at least one more place that have the same suggestion for the same website so, yes, someone is spamming that website around

Ermes

@ErmesT - Thanks for confirming. This can be remedied by users as I mentioned - people should click "No" to confirm the inaccuracy of the website when checking the facts. Machine learning will take care of the rest.

Connect Moderator

Of course @BruceDM

What I did was to start a "fact check" in the area (non responding, as I am unaware of the correct answer) and I have found the same website suggested also in other places. So I believe that a Local Guide is intentionally trying to spam in the area. I believe this Local Guide should be identified bi Google

Level 10

Hi all, @BruceDM is it correct that, depending on the platform, we can also mark as inappropriate the fact? I don't remember if this works only on Android, but I suggest to align the two software platforms for this feature, that could help in fighting spam on edits 😉

Hi @LucioV,

Check The Facts is available on Desktop and on iOS and Android devices. You can access this the same way on all devices. Simply visit the menu icon on Google Maps and click on "Your contributions." From there, the option to "Check the facts" will be present. Facts checked are worth one point for each fact checked.

Level 10

Thanks @BruceDM I was talking about the three dots menu on single fact that allows you to report the suggestion as wrong 😉

I think this is only available for Android.

Thanks!

Level 8

Hello @BruceDM and @ErmesT, and sorry for my late response.

Both of you have understood correctly. There is a spammer in the area that is trying to advertise his own site. I know that spamming is against the rules of the Local Guides program, and I suppose Googlers are able to see who made an edit suggestion. I reported this spamming activity so that, maybe, someone at Google can take action against the misterious spammer.

Connect Moderator

Of course @EmanueleBonsignore

quello ch @BruceDM sta dicendo è che, comunque, nel momento in cui tu segnali la proposta di cambiamento come "no", il sistema apprende che questa Local Guide sta facendo degli edit sbagliati, per cui il suo livello di affidabilità scende. In questo modo il sistema "impara" che quella persona potrebbe essere un potenziale spammer