MarcoS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Sardinia ONLY!

@MarcoC how does an environmental hiking guide differ from other guides? Does this involve camping all the time? Rugged climbing? Or is the type of place most important?

I would want to see much of the countryside of Sardinia. I enjoy walking and moderate hiking but no climbing and sometimes even some uphill hiking is hard for me-although I might attempt it!

Level 4

Re: Sardinia ONLY!

Wow Scano di Montiferro is only 50Km distant from my town...I live more or less near Tharros! 😉
The main difference between a Tourist and an Environmental hiking guide is that the tourist guide is focused on the historical and archeological importance of a place (es. a church, a museum, an archeological site). The hiking guide is more concentrated on the natural relevance of the environment and doing activities such as hiking, trekking, snorkeling, kayaking. Climbing is not allowed working as an hiking guide, but I like also to climb in my free time! I think that you'd love my area... here we have a lot of easy paths with beautiful landscapes! And if you are fascinated with the history of Sardinia you should visit also the Area archeologica di Mont’e Prama and Pozzo di Santa Cristina.

Let me know if you decide to come back!