pier_the_explorer's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Gear 360 su Iphone

Ciao a tutti ragazzi!,

mi chiamo Pierpaolo e sono nuovo, volevo sapere se qualche "guide" usa la Gear 2017 della samsung su Iphone.

Se si:

1)Come vi trovate?

2)Funziona bene?

3)Tempo medio per foto sferiche?

4)La consigliate nonostante il prezzo?

Grazie a tutti in anticipo!

Mi piace molto fare le foto sferiche a mano, ma quando sono in vacanza tra caldo e voglia di esplorare , vorrei ridurre il tempo dello scatto.

Pier_the_explorer

Fresonara, AL, Italia
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Gear 360 su Iphone

I am going the opposite way. Working on getting trusted shooting now with the Theta S so it takes care of the stitching work and then will offer the lower grade product with this camera then start figuring out the stitching and DSLR work next.

Looks like the Theta S is a much better choice than the Samsung 360 and waiting to see if my shots get approved in my profile. They all show maps qualified but not in my profile yet. The Theta S has more shot control settings and is beefier, has better control of the shot at the bottom automatically before editing.  With this camera producing a basic quality volume of shots for the street view along a walking trail has a cycle time of as low as 60 seconds with a 5-second delay in the shot to get out of the screen.  So a lot more volume can be done with the Theta than with a DSLR if high quality is not the primary issue.  I leave the phone near the camera so that it records the most accurate GPS coordinates. I also found if right under camera it takes out camera along with the tripod legs and shows the ground well. I am testing that out today.

View solution in original post

Level 9

@pier_the_explorer If you have already bought it see if you can return it. I have taken about 2 full days to get it to work with a Samsung S7. The short answer is they took out the direct compatibility with street view.  I figured out a work around. I bought a Richo Theta, some of the top contributors use it for less expensive photos (in place of DSLR) and it works. I got mine and was working well with it in 2 hours and there are more adjustments to it.  If you have a limited budget and unlimited time and persistence you are completely wasting your time with the 360 (2017)  Even had a support tech said it will not work. The steps to work around it = four times longer per shot.  Fortunately, I can return mine tomorrow with 15% restocking fee and it is of no value to me even as a backup unit.  I hope this translates ok.   DO NOT DO IT.

Level 6

Thank you very much for the advice! I accept it so I will not buy it and I'll do the shots manually without any problem, I liked the idea of ​​using it and I liked it very aesthetically!

Level 9
Solution

I am going the opposite way. Working on getting trusted shooting now with the Theta S so it takes care of the stitching work and then will offer the lower grade product with this camera then start figuring out the stitching and DSLR work next.

Looks like the Theta S is a much better choice than the Samsung 360 and waiting to see if my shots get approved in my profile. They all show maps qualified but not in my profile yet. The Theta S has more shot control settings and is beefier, has better control of the shot at the bottom automatically before editing.  With this camera producing a basic quality volume of shots for the street view along a walking trail has a cycle time of as low as 60 seconds with a 5-second delay in the shot to get out of the screen.  So a lot more volume can be done with the Theta than with a DSLR if high quality is not the primary issue.  I leave the phone near the camera so that it records the most accurate GPS coordinates. I also found if right under camera it takes out camera along with the tripod legs and shows the ground well. I am testing that out today.