Adrianust's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

street correction

Hi everyone, after some research i was not able to find out how to modify a street. More precisely on Google Map a main street stops in a dead end, resulting in wrong itineraries, though in reality this main pedestrian street is connected to both its ends with the street network. So impossible for me to make the correction and connect that street because it passes through a gate and obviously it is noted as stopped by the wall, through which in reality it is passing. Please help me cause it's a serious issue, on the main street in highly frequented touristic area.

Thanks.

Rhodes, Greece
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Re: street correction

There is currently no way to edit a street via the Local Guides program however you can notify Google and let them do it. Just click on the map on the street in question, then click 'Report a data problem', this includes the ability to leave a description of the situation.

Screenshot 2017-01-06 at 14.33.35.png

If MapMaker is enabled in your area that is another option until March when the product will close and it is hoped the functionality will transfer to Local Guides

View solution in original post

Level 9

Hi @Adrianust

Unfortunately this isn't possible in Maps yet. It can be done in Map Maker (if that is available in your region), but we're still waiting for it to come to regular Maps. 

Steve

Level 9
Level 9
Solution

There is currently no way to edit a street via the Local Guides program however you can notify Google and let them do it. Just click on the map on the street in question, then click 'Report a data problem', this includes the ability to leave a description of the situation.

Screenshot 2017-01-06 at 14.33.35.png

If MapMaker is enabled in your area that is another option until March when the product will close and it is hoped the functionality will transfer to Local Guides

Level 3

Thanks, this is indeed the closest to a solution i could find, since on map maker i tried, but it is impossible to modify anything in this area. All i can hope is that it will be taken under consideration, also that these actions will be possible on Google maps soon enough.

Regards

Adrianus.

Level 10

Hi @Adrianust, To modify a street, just go to that street & in the left panel select "Send Feedback", then select "Edit the map" and then select the street you want to correct and provide the feedback. Thank you.Send FeedbackSend FeedbackEdit the mapEdit the mapSelect the street to fixSelect the street to fix

Level 10

Hi @Adrianust, I've replied with the steps to fix a street. I'm sure you would have got the solution by now. Thank you.