murrayr's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

location defaulting to another remote area

Hi, I have a location in a remote area whichch seems to be defaulting to the game farm next door. I asked Google to pull the image a 360 as i couldn't work a solution and it was getting a steady viewership. So it should be on Samara Private Game Reserve.

But it keeps defaulting to Mount Camdeboo Private Game Reserve.There are no road name etc. Possible I can put in actual co-ordinated on the laptop. To fix this.

The thing is all my the photos take on Samara are fine, locked in on Samara. I am wondering if the furthest hut i took from has an elevation which picks up on a ringed area set for Mount Camdeboo.

I hope I am posting in the correct section, my first post here.

I am a tech guy, I could work this this out, but I know there are other super clever people here who will know better.

Thanks, Murray

(360 taken at he blue waterhole area)

samara.pngboth.jpg

Samara Private Game Reserve, Western District, Eastern Cape, South Africa
6 comments
Level 10

Re: location defaulting to another remote area

Do you mean there is a wrong default location in your area on Google Maps, and that error is need to be fix on Maps?

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Level 8

I have found the GPS rather faulty on occasion, especially at elevation, showing me to be in a neighbouring location. 

There are possibly too few other reference points to get a good fix.

I hope you can post a solution when you find out what it is!

Level 7

No not wrong default location. The place is a friends, (5hrs drive north) it is a very big Private Game Reserve, and so is the other one. The other one in their business listing may have included somehow an overlap. I am going to ask my friend to check again. And will report back. There is also another thing, I see the Asanta Sana Game Reserve is marked green. The others are National Parks. Is there a way that Samara can be marked green on Google Maps? It is a major Private Game Reserve, very large. 

I will post tomorrow with graphics attached.

Well done on your level10! I am humbled!

Thanks, Murray

Level 8

I think the location marker being green will be something to do with the categorisation. If you have a look at the other entries, like the national parks (you can see the category by looking at the edit form), they will have a consistent category. If this park does not fit in that category, then it will have a different location marker.

Level 7

Thanks Lia, fellow L7

That is a really good solution I did not think of.

Going to ask my friend who owns the property to check ( 5 hrs drive north of me )

Might work better on different devices. I was using streetview on an ipad air 2. I realise not designed for ipad, but haven't had problems before.

Thanks, Murray

Level 7

Thanks, I am going to check their business listing backend.

Cheers, Murray