Did you mean: 
Level 7

error with the reviews in the points page

i have say ?
1000 photos 

3500 questions 

100 corrections

25 additions 

now i have   a ton like 5500 reviews or  some thing they show under  my  name  or as some one eles clicks on my name but  when i personally chack the ap the ap says i am only at 1

now the  location i am at or under time line or  under places  i have been  there is 

options  to leave review so you have 1 to 5  stars 
________  <---- text here       so i click in the amount of stars  and leave a review add photos    and  i get points like say 35 points

now if i  click on 4 stars  

_________   <-----  no text    wait a day  google maps asks me to  please leave a review with the stars    when i do this i 

Level 9

Re: error with the reviews in the points page

Hey @Mattgwood,

For every review, you have to give a rating before it gets posted. Therefore, those ratings that you gave with a review are taken into the count of number reviews, and points are awarded accordingly (5 points for 1 review, 1 point for the rating. So for each review you share, you get 6 points.). The number of ratings you see on your contributions profile is the number of ratings you gave without reviews.

In clear words : it just shows that how many rating you give without reviews. Find those ratings type review I'm sure it will be 0.

Keep smile.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 7

im going to test this today and  if so then  maximizing points you want this  to be close to 0 as possible .

as far as google is concerned then this is just a rating  no review period .

and  as i  see it no one  leaves ratings often with out reviews    but  i  pretty sure i have done this  more than once  i am going to give it  a peek and i will get back to you .

this has been bugging me for a month or so and i  would be greatful to find a purpose as to why i can only  get 1. 

Level 7

you are 100 percent correct. i tested it 3 times  i gave 5 stars no review and  got the raiting  point then i did one 4 stars went to 2 then i went back and gave reviews back to 1

Level 9

congratulations and thank you so much for replying back. 

I'm happy that you tested it. 

Keep up good work. 

Happy Mapping 

Level 7

Help please = reviews/ratings

Hi all

I have a problem with my reviews and ratings in contributions.

I have left hundreds or ratings and reviews but it only shows 1 in my contributions.

Can someone advise me on what to do 

Thank you 

Jon 

Connect Moderator

Re: Help please = reviews/ratings

hi @Jonp40210 Welcome to Connect, the Official Community of Google Local Guides

When you add a rating + a review (5+1 points) the count is shown under Review 

When you add a rating only (1 point) the value is shown under Rating 

As this is your first post in Connect, i take the opportunity to give you some information:

• Give to the post a descriptive title

As an extra tips, i would suggest you to Search the community before posting as the same subject can be already being discussed.

Welcome again, I hope to see you soon 🙂

Level 6

@ErmesT

@YanniY

Sorry for tagging you,but wanted to apprise you about Jonp's problem about decrepancy in his points for his reviews posted.

@Jonp40210

Hi Jonp!

Nice to hear from you and most importantly to bring forward this problem descripency of points.

Yes there is descrepancy in my uploaded photos too.

I have not informed about my points to the moderators though.

JONP YOU CAN INFORM THE MODERATORS BY TAGGING THEM BY NAME, FOR RESOLVING  PROBLEMS , BUT ONLY IF IT IS OF URGENT NATURE PLEASE,ELSE THEIR MAIL BOX WILL BE FULL WITH HUNDREDS OF MAIL'S.

This time l will tag 1-2 moderators to apprise them about your problem along with your quoted post.

Take care Jonp!

DON'T WORRY  MODERATORS WILL LOOK INTO YOUR PROBLEM AND RESOLVE IT.

Warm Regards!

Sameena Kausar

Indian Air Force

@Jonp40210 wrote:

Hi all

I have a problem with my reviews and ratings in contributions.

I have left hundreds or ratings and reviews but it only shows 1 in my contributions.

Can someone advise me on what to do 

Thank you 

Jon 

Level 9

Hey @sameenasanjay I really appreciate your reply on this post. But my dear before you reply someone's post try to understand the problem. There is no point problem with @Jonp40210.

In addition of information provided by @ErmesT I want to say more, 

For every review, you have to give a rating before it gets posted. Therefore, those ratings that you gave with a review are taken into the count of number reviews, and points are awarded accordingly (5 points for 1 review, 1 point for the rating. So for each review you share, you get 6 points.). The number of ratings you see on your contributions profile is the number of ratings you gave without reviews.

In clear words : it just shows that how many rating you give without reviews. Find those ratings type review I'm sure it will be 0.

Thank you. 

Level 6

@deepakjhic

MR DEEPAK!

EVERY GUIDE ON THIS CONNECT FORUM CAN REPLY, RESPOND AND PROVIDE GUIDANCE AS PER OUR  LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE AND l GUESS NO LOCAL GUIDE ON THIS FORUM CAN PUT RESTRICTIONS ON THE OTHER FELLOW GUIDES  WHAT SO EVER ,AS LONG AS HE OR SHE IS CURTIEOUS AND POLITE WITH ONE ANOTHER.

SO I CAN ALWAYS RENDER MY GUIDANCE TO MY FELLOW GUIDES AND FRIENDS WITHOUT A LOCAL GUIDES PERMISSION AS  THERE ARE QUALIFIED, BONAFIED MODERSTORS TO GUIDE US, APPOINTED BY GOOGLE.

WE AS LOCAL GUUDES ARE NOT BONAFIED TO TAKE UP A MODERATORS RESPONSIBILITY.

SECONDLY ITS MY CHOICE TO USE MY SIGNATURE BLOCK.I'M NOT COPY WRITING YOUR SIGNATURE BLOCK WHICH SHOULD BE EFFECTING YOU.

THIRDLY Mr Deepak, INDIAN AIR FORCE RATHER ANY DEFENCE SERVICES DEOSN'T SURVIVE ON YOUR GIVING RESPECT TO US OR NOT.

WE AS DEFENCE PERSONNEL KNOW OUR JOB WELL.

WE DO NOT RENDER OUR DAY AND NIGHT SERVICES PERSONALLY TO AN INDIVIDUAL IN PARTICULAR,

WE DO IT FOR OUR COUNTRY SO DON'T THINK TOO MUCH ABOUT US.

KINDLY RESERVE YOUR PRECIOUS EXPERT COMMENTS AND WOULD REQUEST YOU TO PLEASE REFRAIN YOURSELF FROM WRITING  SUCH SNAPPY AND SNUBBY POSTS TO ANY LOCAL GUIDES JUNIOR/ SENIOR ON THIS FORUM ,AS THIS FORUM IS FOR EACH ONE OF US 

YOU MIGHT BE VERY, VERY ,VERY

KNOWLEDGEABLE, BUT PLEASE LET US LEARN, AS EVERYBODY ARE NOT AS KNOWLEDGEABLE AS YOU ARE,AND LET US LEAVE THE TEACHING JOB TO US TO THE MODERATORS AS THAY ARE APPOINTED BY GOOGLE ONLY AFTER THROUGH SCRUTINY OF THEIR KNOWLEDGE LEVEL.

LASTLY THERE ARE EXPERIENCED QUALIFIED MODERATORS ON THIS FORUM TO GUIDE US AND LOOK AFTER US,WHO ARE OFFICIALLY EMPLOYED BY GOOGLE.

Warm Regards!

Sameena Kausar

Indian Air Force

@deepakjhic wrote:

Hey @sameenasanjay I really appreciate your reply on this post. But my dear before you reply someone's post try to understand the problem. There is no point problem with @Jonp40210.

I'm amazed to see (sameena kausar, Indian Air Force). I do not understand why you mention these two lines in your every post. I respect my Indian defense services but never expect the line( Indian Air Force) in every post made by a simple local guide. I'm so sorry but here we are all same. It's my humble request to you plz do not make a joke of our defense services by mentioning these words. I know our defense service work day night only for us but plz don't do it. 

In addition of information provided by @ErmesT I want to say more, 

Thank you.