MansoorI's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Wrong Places

Hello, how do i remove some places in my area is on wrong location. Example some place is on middle on the road how is it possible. I am Sharing a place with u so u can change its location. 

Regards

Mansoor Iqbal

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Wrong Places

Hi @MansoorI

Once you click on a marker in Maps, there is a link saying "Suggest an edit". Click on that and you can drag the marker to its correct place (or tap to the correct place on a mobile). Then submit your edit. 

This misplacement can happen when a place is added only by the address given (and the marker is not placed to the correct location manually). Google - most of the times - "estimates" the location of an address (based on certain factors we need not go into the details of which here) and addresses are usually placed along the road, not onto the buildings. 

View solution in original post

Level 1

Hey man ... i think that if you created that place you can change it from "your places"

Level 10
Solution

Hi @MansoorI

Once you click on a marker in Maps, there is a link saying "Suggest an edit". Click on that and you can drag the marker to its correct place (or tap to the correct place on a mobile). Then submit your edit. 

This misplacement can happen when a place is added only by the address given (and the marker is not placed to the correct location manually). Google - most of the times - "estimates" the location of an address (based on certain factors we need not go into the details of which here) and addresses are usually placed along the road, not onto the buildings. 

Level 8

Re: Wrong Places -Telford Langley School in wrong location - but no option to update location !

Hi - Just read your help that you have offered but I have an additional problem . The Telford Langley School, Telford, UK  is starred as being located in a lake in about a mile from its actual location! When I have tried to update its location it is not listed as an option when you click on the available options. Present location at 

The Telford Langley School

https://goo.gl/maps/VpEhhGWTUKN2

It used to be called 'The Phoenix School' and was rebuilt two years ago on a location at the southern end of Dawley High Street with an associated Phoenix Sports centre which correctly positioned.

The correct position is about plus code -

9C4VMG7P+6F

Hope this can be solved - any help /suggestion most welcome Thanks