Hákon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Which 360 camera is best for taking photos?

Which of those cameras is best for taking 360 photos? 

Ricoh Theta S
Samsung Gear 360
NCTech iris360
LG 360 CAM

Are there any others that are good to use and we can use for Google Maps?

I am using iphone 7.  
I am only asking regarding image quality and easy to use. 

Hakon
https://www.MyTweetAlerts.com
6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Which 360 camera is best for taking photos?

It my suggestion Ricoh theta S is better for 360 Photos @Hákon many people use this device. 

I'm waiting for new upcoming in September 17 VRDL360 camera with 16mp camera and 7k resolution.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@Hákon 360 cameras and image quality doesn't go together. Image quality of all the cameras you mentioned is compromised because of the fish eye design. Software which is crucial for Streetview capability is iffy, e.g. Samsung 360. Software play a huge role in these camera because of the level of automation (stitching) needed.

In the end I think you should consider what subject you are hoping to take the picture most. If it is architectural where straighlines are needed, some kind of camera (doesn't need to be a dSLR, just any digital camera with a wide angle mode) with any mount will be best.

As I had said in other threads before, at under $150 price point LG is the cheapest and the software is the most workable. I am not sure if I can justify nearly double the price for a Ricoh.

Level 7

Level 7

Stay calm.... expect change

Just a rookie here for local Guides but I do know a bit about spherical camera or bubblecams.  On the moment there are many two lens bubblecams - Bubblecam Gagets for attachment to your smartphone directly and then handhelds or selfie-stick stype.  SOme of the best 360s can be generated by Cardboard Camera and an current Android handset.  There several higher end cameras like Virb and Orah that seem to have a superior stitch.  

If you are iterested in geotagging these cameras you might take a look at MediaMapper Mobile and a second tool MediaGeotaggers to apply a MediaMapper Mobile track to any other camera, bubblecams as example, to render them StreetView ready..

They still do not share and move easily... tried a couple of pathways to share equirectangular (needs to be added to the spell check?) here bit no luck...  Still getting a bit lost in guides technologies?

An embedded 360 FYI..
Garys_TrumpDoo_Sample.jpg

Same image different path..

Level 7

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FSzRxQ7Rduk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Level 7

Hi Guys,

As we answer this can we also indicate the prices of these cameras in USD