LoVe शब सबकछ S's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

What is the benefit of being local guide ?

i participants in Google local guide programme I like it very much to help the society .

But main issue is it consume our value able time .

So we r not not do this as a full time .

We certainly do this at free time .

My question is what's is BENIFIT for Google guide from Google compny .

Actually Google earn billions doller from various ways .

I think good local guide must get some reward in presence of money or physical thing in reality.

Suggest me or what do other local guide who irrited doing continue work ???

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
21 comments
Level 8

Re: What is the BENIFIT of being local guide ?

Every level has some form of reward.
But from level 4 you get extra space in Google Drive (i think) and from level 5 you can participate in tests with Google things.
So i would say that there are some benefit to be earned. 🙂
Level 10

To me, the benefit is when others get to know what I do and what I have shared as info (opening hours, website, whatnot) and/or images via Google Maps. 

I have participated in a bunch of programs with Google (as a Top Contributor for certain products) and although we have been presented certain gifts from time to time, this has never been the real motor behind our efforts to make a certain product better or service more comfortable for users. 

My "most precious" gift (so far) has been a pair of socks which even said (written on it) "they do not stink". Although my wife might think differently, I now have an official statement she cannot argue with.

Level 8

I agree absolutely with you, but the question was about the benefit for the writer and since he asked it, it would not be the contribution itself 🙂

@petocsaba wrote:

To me, the benefit is when others get to know what I do and what I have shared as info (opening hours, website, whatnot) and/or images via Google Maps. 

Level 10

No, @EricLotgerink, indeed it is not the contribution  itself but the feeling that I can spread knowledge about things otherwise unnoticed. This is - by itself - self-awarding.

Look at this small, originally 13th Century church for instance.

https://goo.gl/maps/Dj9CCS9ULLQ2

It is my job to oversee such historic places yet I myself did not know how to get in there. Once in the village, I found out who's got the keys, put it on the map, took photos and even made a (basic) 360 virtual tour. 

For what? Just for the nice feeling to be useful. 

Level 5

You can host meet ups for your town. At meet ups you can do some charity.

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

Here you can see what benefits you unlock for every level you achive

Level 7

What happens if you reach over 500 points, type 600?

@FantomI wrote:

You can host meet ups for your town. At meet ups you can do some charity.

https://maps.google.com/localguides/home

Here you can see what benefits you unlock for every level you achive

Level 7

@EricL wrote:
Every level has some form of reward.
But from level 4 you get extra space in Google Drive (i think) and from level 5 you can participate in tests with Google things.
So i would say that there are some benefit to be earned. 🙂

You get extra space for a year!

Level 5

Nothing. You have already unlocked everything and then you just contribute more. That is some kind of the game where you have to achieve that 600+ ,700+,800+ points and beat another Local Guide.

Level 7

Is there any list where you can see who has the most points?

@FantomI wrote:

Nothing. You have already unlocked everything and then you just contribute more. That is some kind of the game where you have to achieve that 600+ ,700+,800+ points and beat another Local Guide.