SDatta's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

What about moderator??

What is the theory behind moderator ..??

I don`t know how to be a moderator?? What are the extra benefits of them??

Can any one explain about it?? 

@BellaWi @Corrie @YanniY @AnoukV @AradhanaB @JeslynL

Naihati, West Bengal, India
6 comments
Level 10

Re: What about moderator??

Hi @SDatta

There are three kinds of moderators. 

• Google Moderators - in fact all you mentioned are Google Moderators - they are all Google employees.
  • Connect Moderators (like myself) who are chosen by Google. You can read more here.
  • Community Moderators who moderate their own (non-official but supported) local communities.

So which category are you interested in?

Level 9

Hello @Csaba I did not know all these thinks so thank you for your kind information. After getting that knowledge I wanna be moderator that helps people and makes people interested about mapping  & contributing . I have another question (forgive me for that bad habit of questioning) Some people have a tag GOOGLER  what are those they also google employee??

Level 9

@SDatta Googler word used in varied way. But that doesn't mean a Google employee. 

Level 10

Hi @SDatta, yes, on LGC, a title "Googler" would mean a Google employee (who does not work as a moderator). See @AnnaDickson for instance.

Level 9

OKey @Csaba Thanks for your kind info.  Hope to meet with all of you in Summit (if I`m selected)  🙂

Level 7

Hi. I am looking for some strong communities here at Local Guides connect. Can anyone propose some. 

I have a research study for which I have to use some Communities. 

regards

Peace and Love