SamuelCalifornia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

We need ways to verify businesses

Someone asked for examples of why we need to be able to verify businesses. See Golden Touch Jewelry at 17058 Chatsworth St, Granada Hills, CA 91344. I submitted an update to change the address to 17058 1/2 Chatsworth St. I also uploaded a picture where we can see that that is the address, but the address is not easy to read. The edit was not applied for the reason it could not be verified. It is a minor change but still I want to be as accurate as possible when it is possible.

The fact that the reviewer could not verify the edit is an example of why it would help to have additional tools when possible. There might be some local data for the City of Los Angeles that has the accurate information and if someone can help us find that then that would help all the Local Guides in Los Angeles (the city at least).

I have looked in both Google Maps and Google Map Maker. I can't find evidence of my edit except if I scroll through a long list of all my other edits then I can find the edit but I know that just yesterday I found something saying that the reason the edit was not accepted is that it could not be verified. I wish it was easier to find things like that. If I just had dates for the event then I could find the message in my messages but I can't see the date either. I have looked in the Google Map Maker for that business but I can't find any evidence of my edit. It is frustrating.

Granada Hills, CA 91344, United States
1 comment
Level 6

Re: We need ways to verify businesses

Notice that the difference in the address is that the correct address has "1/2" in it. As I said, that is minor but it is more accurate.