Wael1976's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

We need badges

Hello,,
Some times in some places people are not hospitable to stranger taking a photos for their shops and ask weird questions, I wondering if we could get a badges or something that we can wear while doing our tour?
Thanx in advance 
Wael
Jordan
3 comments
Level 9

Re: We need badges

Hello my dear @Wael1976 see what our Google Moderator @TraciC says about it, 

We do not provide Local Guides with ID cards/badges. If asked for identification, we encourage you to share that you are an individual member of the local community (and not an employee of Google) sharing your experiences and local community on Google Maps for others to discover. You are welcome to show them your profile in "Your contributions" in the Google Maps app if they wish to learn more or share the website, g.co/localguides, with those asking questions. I'm sure you are obeying all local laws but if someone does not wish to have their place photographed, it's OK to not photograph it. We encourage Local Guides to follow all local laws and respect privacy when it is asked, of course. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 9

@Wael1976 I would have simply replied that you didn't work for Google, but are contributing information about local business to Google to help them thrive via the Google Local Guides program.  And if they pursued it, I would say that they don't provide a physical evidence, but your works can be seen online.  Of course, if it is someone involved with security or something, be polite and if they ask you to do no more, respect that.  I would even say something like you are there to help businesses benefit from your contributions.

For more information follow the link mention below 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Feedback/thread-id/15786/p...

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 5

Our environment is not hospitable because of the wars around us so I do not want any problems

@deepakjhic wrote:

@Wael1976 I would have simply replied that you didn't work for Google, but are contributing information about local business to Google to help them thrive via the Google Local Guides program.  And if they pursued it, I would say that they don't provide a physical evidence, but your works can be seen online.  Of course, if it is someone involved with security or something, be polite and if they ask you to do no more, respect that.  I would even say something like you are there to help businesses benefit from your contributions.

For more information follow the link mention below 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Feedback/thread-id/15786/p...

.. I think I will quit