Sulli1432's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Watermarking

Good Morning Guides

I was wondering if I could get some clear advice on watermarking. As far as I understand it, I can place an advert as well as Watermark in the Nadir provided it covers less than 20% of the Sphere?

If this is the case can it be just a plain round disc or does it have to fit in the Nadirogon lol perfectly? 

Also Google are pretty clear that neither the Zenith or Nadir are required, but why so particular about the Zenith?

Regards

James

14 comments
Level 10

Re: Watermarking

You could have whatever you want in the nadir, but try to be polite and not fill with url and phones 🙂

You will find tons of examples, here is mine:

S0-NUIdCUl8AAAQvwsFzIg copia.jpg

The zenith, usually, requires no adjust, so is often left untouched.

Level 7

Hi LucioV

Many thanks for getting back to me. With a lack of information I proceeded by creating a disc with logo in the middle with a (c) and contact details around the edge. Seems to have been approved? not got a low resolution one here, am I allowed to post links in this forum?

Regards

James

@LucioV wrote:

You could have whatever you want in the nadir, but try to be polite and not fill with url and phones 🙂

You will find tons of examples, here is mine:

S0-NUIdCUl8AAAQvwsFzIg copia.jpg

The zenith, usually, requires no adjust, so is often left untouched.

Level 10

Level 7

Many thanks for taking the time to help, this was the first edits and have changed it a little for my new ones. Have also trimmed off my logo in the middle replaced it by the clients. Seem to be having a few problems putting the steps in also.. I publish on streetview, then press and hold selecting the next in the series of spheres until completion. All line up.. Publish.. go to maps.. arrows are in.. nav is messed up? I can navigate through beautifully in streetview? Is there a YouTube video available?

https://goo.gl/maps/1zpPQ2ZUAsu

Level 10

Arrows are tricky..... many otheres are experiencing arrows going mad....

I cannot see this sphere, maybe is not published on maps? Have you published through SV App? Open it in your tab profile and look at the bottom if is approved/rejected from maps.

Level 10

Hi @Sulli1432 and @LucioV

Under the Advertising and Attribution section of the guide lines, you can read: 

"Small, discreet copyright notices (such as a business name or logo) are allowed. Email addresses and phone numbers cannot be included in your images. Acceptable attribution must be limited to the bottom 10% of photos and the bottom 36º (bottom 20%) of photo spheres." So be careful with phone numbers. Also it is clear that in photo spheres, attribution can only go to the nadir (which is also often problematic because of the tripod anyway).

Level 3

@CsabaThank you very much for explanation regarding nadir watermark. Could you put here some examples of preferable nadir holes and/or watermarks. 

Level 7

Hey dude

This is an example of what I have done in the past which has been approved with no issues. I don't add my own logo to nadir as it would probably confuse the user, I do add the company logo and URL with my basic copywrite notice on my part.

Nottingham Bierkeller

https://goo.gl/maps/aSrZjhCedqL2

I try to avoid stitching issues by taking 10+ photos for a sphere, the minimum with a DSLR is 8 so more Will improve quality.

Hope this is of help to you and happy guiding 

P.s I can supply you with a PSD template if you wish, but they are really easy to do anyway.

Kindest regards 

James

Level 7

Sorry in addition don't place the logo in the middle, there is sometimes a pinching this area which will result in it looking crinkled