MiamiSmith305's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Video Reviews

I've done over 400 reviews, I take pictures, and I post comments. But I would like to know if there's a way to post a video review about a restaurant, beach or a park. It looks like the only way to do it is with an image, but I would really like to upload my own videos.

Reinaldo Acosta
Miami, FL, United States
25 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Video Reviews

Hi @MiamiSmith305, Yes.

Previously there was no way to upload video for a place on Google Maps but currently this is possible and it seems you can upload videos up to 30 seconds for a place.

You should only use "Add photo" and select a video instead of an image. Videos has 7 points right now.

This is also a good thread in this case/.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @MiamiSmith305, Yes.

Previously there was no way to upload video for a place on Google Maps but currently this is possible and it seems you can upload videos up to 30 seconds for a place.

You should only use "Add photo" and select a video instead of an image. Videos has 7 points right now.

This is also a good thread in this case/.

Connect Moderator

Unfortunately not, but if you happened to create videos on YouTube maybe and include the Local Guide tag maybe that would be another way. You won't get points, but if it is something you'd like to do, that is an avenue.

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 10

@MiamiSmith305

hey,

you can see this Discussion for Video Review in Google Maps.

hope it helps you 🙂

Happy Mapping 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

You can create a custom map, then add into the description your 360 video, as i did it here:

open http://maps.virzi.it, scroll down to "funbob", open the entry, enjoy

Schermata 2017-04-13 alle 22.07.33.png

Level 5

I don't think that you can upload a video

what I advise you is that you download an app called "Street View" and take a 360 photo and upload it to the google map

Level 8

@MiamiSmith305

Hopefully, we will see them added on the maps.

Photos are in many ways better than words and videos are in many ways better than photos.

Concerns regarding content can be addressed by AI, Googlers and us like "edit"s.

Level 10

Yes, In fact due to the signs we can say it will be available in future but no exact time announced in this case and we don't know about the way Google will do it.

Level 10

I think this would be a really cool feature, too. Now that you know you can't, you should head to the Feature Request board, and request it as a feature. Oh, and also request it via feedback in Google Maps, too.

Level 8

I wish there was a way to video. I film many restaurants for my blog/vlog and I have so many clips that could be added to Google.  

Diana Duangnet
#LGSummit17
www.travelfarglutenfree.com