Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unlink Google+ when writing reviews and my Name?

How do I somehow get it so I can A. change my username in Google+ or B.  write reviews a different way as to not show my full name.  

It's a privacy issue for me.  I enjoy doing it, but want to stay incognito.  

help? LOL

Vermont, United States
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Unlink Google+ when writing reviews and my Name?

Hi @Anonymous, in order to change how your name is shown on the reviews, you would have to alter the name you use on your Google account. I understand it's a privacy issue, but personally for me it's less reassuring for me reading reviews with no identity since I will question its credibility. Someone can just hide under the fake profile to talk ill about their competitors, for example. One thing you might be able to do is not to have your face on your profile photo, and use your initial only for your last name. I know it's not ideal, but it's something you can consider to do.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @Anonymous, in order to change how your name is shown on the reviews, you would have to alter the name you use on your Google account. I understand it's a privacy issue, but personally for me it's less reassuring for me reading reviews with no identity since I will question its credibility. Someone can just hide under the fake profile to talk ill about their competitors, for example. One thing you might be able to do is not to have your face on your profile photo, and use your initial only for your last name. I know it's not ideal, but it's something you can consider to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your right.  I thought about that after the fact.  I used to like to keep my life pretty private, but I'm getting "bolder" HAHA.

@IvanY wrote: