AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perk in India: Free upgrade to Ola Select

Former Google Contributor

ola-local-guides-lg-connect (1).png

We know Local Guides love to explore, but it’s hard to stay connected without Wi-Fi. As a thank you for top Local Guides in select cities in India, we’ve teamed up with Ola Cabs to keep you connected on the move.

Follow these steps to get a free month of Ola Select, as well as an additional 10% discount when you renew the membership for another month. Even existing Ola Select members can redeem!

With Ola Select benefits, you get free in-vehicle Wi-Fi, no peak pricing, can skip booking queues, book a Prime Sedan at Mini fares, and get airport lounge access.

Eligible Local Guides need to redeem the perk by 24 June 2017, so check your email for the unique offer code.

Here’s how to redeem:

Download the Ola app and following the instructions below, depending on whether or not you’re a current Ola customer.

First time Ola select members:

• Open Ola app
  • Click ‘Join Ola Select’
  • Click ‘Apply Coupon’
  • Enter ‘Voucher Code’
  • If you see ‘CLEAR’ after applying the voucher code, do not press it or you will not be able to take advantage of the 10% discount on a one month renewal
  • Click ‘Start Subscription’

Current Ola members; where auto renewal is ‘ON’

• Open Ola app
  • Click on your name on top
  • Click on ‘Ola Select membership’
  • Click on ‘Modify’
  • Click on ‘Apply Coupon’
  • Enter ‘Voucher Code’
  • If you see ‘CLEAR’ after applying the voucher code, do not press it or you will not be able to take advantage of the 10% discount on a one month renewal
  • Click on ‘Update plan’

Current Ola members where auto renewal is ‘OFF’

• Open Ola app
  • Click on your name on top
  • Click on ‘Ola Select membership’
  • Click on ‘Restart Subscription’
  • Click on ‘Apply Coupon’
  • Enter ‘Voucher Code’
  • Click on ‘Update plan’

We know you may have other questions about the perk, so here’s some additional info:

What cities received the perk?

The perk is available for Local Guides in the following cities: Agra, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysore, New Delhi, Pune, Ranchi, Thiruvananthapuram, Vijayawada, and Visakhapatnam.

I am a Local Guide but did not receive this benefit; why?

The perk is available to Local Guides from Level 3 to Level 5 in one of the above mentioned cities.

Is this a recurring or a permanent benefit?

This is a one-time benefit for Local Guides (as of 22 May 2017) in the above cities.

What is the deadline for redeeming this benefit?

You must redeem this benefit by 24 June 2017.

Do I have to enter my credit or debit card information to redeem this perk?

No. Credit card or debit card details are not required.

I don't see the Ola Select option in the app, what should I do?

Update your app to the latest version. If the problem persists please contact support@olacabs.com or call 080-33553355.

Will Ola automatically bill me for the next month after my free month of Ola Select?

Your Ola Select subscription will be automatically renewed after the expiration of one month free trial. If you have insufficient funds in your Ola Money wallet, auto renewal will fail and you will be notified about it via the email associated with your Ola account. You can manually renew your one-month Ola Select membership for 10% off. At that point, you will have to load Ola Money in your wallet using a credit card, debit card or net banking to pay for the membership.

What is the renewal policy for Ola Select memberships?

If you choose to take advantage of the 10% off one month Ola Select membership, your Ola Select membership will be auto renewed until you choose to cancel your membership. You will be alerted of the expiration date of your Ola Select membership via email on your registered email ID and push notification on your phone. If you do not wish to continue, you must cancel your Ola Select membership to avoid further charges.

If I take advantage of the 10% off one month offer,  how do I cancel my Ola Select membership if this isn’t for me?

If you choose to take advantage of the 10% off one month Ola Select membership and you have enabled auto renewal, you can cancel it from the Ola App.

• Visit Support in your Ola app menu
  • Tap on My Select Membership and select Managing My Membership
  • Select Canceling my membership and click Submit

Your Ola Select membership will be cancelled if the purchase period of the membership is less than 7 days. You can always renew your subscription later.

If the period of 7 days from the date of purchase has passed, your Ola Select membership will not be cancelled. However, auto renewal for your Ola Select membership will be disabled. Your account will not be charged for renewing Ola Select membership at the end of your current subscription.

I am already an Ola Select member, how do I redeem the perk?

If you are already an active Ola Select member, you can still use the voucher, but the free trial will start after your current subscription has ended.

How do I check my auto-renewal status?

Visit your Ola Select membership page to see if auto renewal is enabled or disabled.

May I redeem this perk for cash?

No, this perk has no cash value. If you received this perk, you may give the offer code to a friend or family member but you may not sell or exchange the perk for money.

I’m having trouble with my offer code, what do I do?

If your city selection for Local Guides and Ola ride city is different, the code may not work. Please send an email to support@olacabs.com or call at 080-33553355 for assistance.

I am a Local Guide in the same city as my friend who received the email, why didn’t I receive the benefit?

Local Guides who signed up for Local Guides in one of the above cities before 22 May 2017 and who have opted in to receive benefit emails received this perk. To see where you are signed up for Local Guides or to updated your email preferences, please visit your settings. If you are signed up for Local Guides in one of those cities, please check your email preferences as well as your spam or promotions folder.

I just signed up for Local Guides/I just reached Level 3+, will I receive the perk?

This perk is only available to Local Guides in the cities listed above who were signed up before 22 May 2017.

I just changed my opt-in city to be one of the cities where the perk is available, will I receive the perk?

No. This perk is only available to Local Guides in the cities listed above who were signed up in that city before 22 May 2017.

I don’t live in India and I want a perk. How do I get one?

The Local Guides program is constantly evolving. Perks may be offered from time to time. If you have a suggested partner,  or a perk you would like to see offered in your area, we welcome your feedback in the comments below. Please also be sure that your email preferences have benefits emails enabled by visiting your Local Guides home.

249 Comments

Hi ! Friends ,

I received this (following) voucher code from Google Local Guides as a gift. Thank you Google Local Guides.

Google Local Guides giftGoogle Local Guides gift

Level 10

Thank you 🙂 I've used OLA just two times last year...  dont know when I will use it next time....  🙂

Atma Ram
Level 6

Just saw that mail.
Thank you 🙂

Level 7

Great initiative by Google and Ola! looking forward to more such perks.

Happy Contributing

image.jpg

Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy A
Level 7

my mobile number is [Phone Number Redacted] and email is [Email Id Redacted], it says invalid code. 

Hi @DrSuranjanS Please send an email to support@olacabs.com or call at 080-33553355, if you are facing any issues while redeming the code. Please go through the FAQ as well. 

Level 7

When I tried to redeem this offer it says to select city . Actually there is no option to select the city  . Is this a fake mail ? Has anyone redeemed this offer?

Level 3

Ola Support says they don't know anything about this code and Google hasn't informed them about it. They can't help. Google, can you liase with Ola to resolve this issue? None of us are able to apply this code.

Screenshot_20170526-115442.png

Myself already used the code and activated. Please check again. This is valid

Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy A
Level 3

I am getting an error on applying the coupon, says Invalid Coupon.

Level 6

I applied this coupon and I'm getting error.. Invalid coupon. When I contacted ola customer support they said they don't know anything about this offer. 

After installation, please select your city name and apply the code. I was already using Ola apply and without any issue code has taken

Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy A
Level 8

Ola is not so good in my city but thank you Google for the gift. Its nice to see my city (Lucknow) in the list, this is the first time when Moderators mentioned my city on Connect. I wanted to ask that how many peoples from Lucknow are registered on Connect?

With love,
Prakhar Sahu
Level 6

Hi, nice initiative by Google. 

I downloaded​ OLA app from Playstore now . As per instruction provided I opened menu to go for option "Join Ola Select". But subsequently I realised that there was no option as "Join Ola Select".

Anybody please help me out for this problem.

Level 9

@deepak_bhalla wao congratulations to you.

keep exploring.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
I yet to receive notification from Google, Do I need to wait for the email so that I can get code in it ? Recent swiggy perk I have received through email only.. so checking ! And these coupon codes to apply in Ola app are user specific ? or a common code will be given to all Level 3 and up local guides ?

Welcome @deepakjhic. Let us know when you receive yours.

Level 8

Please tell me is it for once in a month or I can use many times in a month. Do I haave to pay for the Ola rides in the selected month.

I not received both Swiggy and ola offers,May be because I'm given my home town tanuku when I singup but I contributed to hyderabad and vizag city.

Level 9

Thank you so much for wish. 

I hope it will be soon. 

@deepak_bhalla.

@deepak_bhalla wrote:

Welcome @deepakjhic. Let us know when you receive yours.

Level 6
I just received my coupon. Thanks to Google India for this new perks giving to all eligible Local Guides. Yet to try my luck in OLA App for my coupon acceptance.
Level 5

When I enter the coupon, it says enter the city!
How do I proceed?

Level 10

@deepak_bhalla

@deepakjhic

Meet too reCeived the same

Thanx Google 

Happy mapping

Screenshot_2017-05-26-12-03-45-839_com.google.android.gm.png

Level 5

Thank you for the perk! Really means a lot to come from Google! Though use uber much and not Ola.. Wish Google partner with Uber as well.

Level 8

Thanks to the Google for providing the great opportunity for me as   Local Guides to have ride with Ola cab free for month with wonderful facilities of wi fi with in the heart of of city area Delhi.

Level 8

Thanks to the Google for providing the great opportunity for me as   Local Guides to have ride with Ola cab free for month with wonderful facilities of wi fi with in the heart of of city area Delhi.

Connect Moderator

Wow it's great opportunity @Bhardwajdk

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

congratulations @RohitSadana .

Level 8

This is the specialty of Google Local Guides - Do it for the love (and the benefits)

Congratulation for the benefit! 

Level 10

Can you elaborate this for me: 'Local Guides to have ride with Ola cab free for month'? 

How will you manage to grab this opportunity since there is no ID for Local guides?

Anyway congratulations @Bhardwajdk. 🙂

Whoaaaa!!! Another perk for Top local Guides, a month of Ola select membership plus 10% off on renew. Thanks to Google for these awesome unexpected perks.

Earlier Swiggy perk was for mothers and now it's time to say to fathers that as a Local Guide I have got this. Now who will say that Local guide activity is time wastage.

Nxt perk for whom!!! Brothers? Sisters?

Let's seee.

Thanks again.

Excited

Level 10

Congratulations @deepak_bhalla

keep it up.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

Only delhi local guides are got this discount coupon?

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Connect Moderator

Great initiative by Google.

Thanks

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Level 10

@aakashkumbhat, can you elaborate about 'Ola select membership' for me please?

Anyway congratulations 🙂

Level 8

Thanks for taking care Google Local guudes.

But it will be great if we can get Uber gift card instead.

But Thanks again.☺👍

Vinay Gupta | Google Local Guide 7 from India
Love Travelling and Photography
Instagram - Vinay8484
Facebook - Vinay8484Photography
Website- www.vinay8484.com

Congratulations  ! ! @Bhardwajdk

I believe it's not free rides for a month, however, free Ola Select membership for a month which entitles you to no surge pricing and free wifi etc.

@BishowvijayaP

I also got mine this morning.

Level 10

@Bhardwajdk congratulations !!!. Its nice to get rewarded for your hard work.

This might be a specific perk.. don't think many of us got this. 

@iDepp, may be or may not be but it seems most of the level 5 in Delhi have received the same. 

@RohitSadana Congratulations. 

@deepakjhic@iDepp Welcome buddies!

Level 10

Is it for Indian LGs @deepak_bhalla ?

Connect Moderator

Congrats @deepak_bhalla

Me too received this voucherScreenshot_2017-05-26-14-01-30.png

Hi @PrinceChauhan,

Please refer to the frequently asked questions found in this post

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

@PrinceChauhan, i have tried, one has to buy a plan then only you would able to apply Coupon.

@LuisRG

@PrinceChauhan wrote:

I downloaded​ OLA app from Playstore now . As per instruction provided I opened menu to go for option "Join Ola Select". But subsequently I realised that there was no option as "Join Ola Select".

Anybody please help me out for this problem.

@BishowvijayaP

I am not sure if Ola cab operates in any other country too. I feel it is kind of a consolation prize for us. 🙂

Level 10

@deepak_bhalla, now I am all clear about OLA. Its for India. Here is an article for you. 🙂

Hi ! @AradhanaB,

Thanks for posting this article. I got an email this morning with the ola voucher. 

Level 6

I'm from kolkata but didn't receive any Email . Plz help