DeanG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Unable to delete wrongly uploaded Picture

Short and simply, I accidently fat fingered the wrong picture into a Location. Now I have reported it a few weeks ago and it still has not been deleted. The picture obviously does not belong to the location as it's a friend of mine in a dress.

I would need someone who has the ability to delete pictures to message me so I can give you the link to it.

(and no, when I press on the 3 dots, I do not have a delete option)

10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Unable to delete wrongly uploaded Picture

Hi @DeanG

Both in the mobile app and on desktop maps, click on the hamburger menu at the top left then select "My contributions". There, under the photos tab, you can find every photo that you have uploaded to maps. At the top right of each photo, there is a three-dot menu where you can delete the individual photo (if you have a lot of pics and what you want to delete is way down, this may be cumbersome). 

1. Go you "your contributions"1. Go you "your contributions"

2. Select the Photos tab2. Select the Photos tab

3. Find the three-dot "Photos actions" menu on the particular picture3. Find the three-dot "Photos actions" menu on the particular picture

4. "Delete" the photo4. "Delete" the photo

Edit: added step-by-step screenshot instructions.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @DeanG

Both in the mobile app and on desktop maps, click on the hamburger menu at the top left then select "My contributions". There, under the photos tab, you can find every photo that you have uploaded to maps. At the top right of each photo, there is a three-dot menu where you can delete the individual photo (if you have a lot of pics and what you want to delete is way down, this may be cumbersome). 

1. Go you "your contributions"1. Go you "your contributions"

2. Select the Photos tab2. Select the Photos tab

3. Find the three-dot "Photos actions" menu on the particular picture3. Find the three-dot "Photos actions" menu on the particular picture

4. "Delete" the photo4. "Delete" the photo

Edit: added step-by-step screenshot instructions.

Level 2

Hi,

I see the three-dot menu at the top left (not top right) but I only have the option to print, report an error or share it.

Level 10

Are you in "your contributions", @DeanG? Click on the link in my signature below to see how it should look like (of course you cannot delete my photos).

Level 2

Yes, even the url has the /contrib/ part in there.

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/103611224942286720889/photos/@49.9921963,8.5032692,11z/data=!4m3...

(if you have the ability to remove pictures, go ahead I dont have many and it's quite obvious which one is wrong)

Level 2

It's removed now, not sure if you did it or if it worked when I did it via mobile as well via the garbage can symbol.

Thank you for your help

(on a seperate note, on all other pictures I still do not have the option to delete)

Level 10

When first replied, I was at work and could not take a proper screenshot. Now I am on mobile (sipping my after-work booze 🙂 and cannot attach one either. Once home, I'll try to navigate you through some screenshots. Sorry for the delay (I cannot even make new paragraphs here on mobile).

Level 10

Hi @DeanG, I have amended my first answer with step-by-step screenshot instructions. Please, revise them and see if you can delete your photos. Edit: if you cannot see the three-dot, "Photo actions" menu on the images, please, attach a screenshot.

As a side note: it would be extremely cool to be able to delete our own photos directly from the places map entry, too. The above method is too cumbersome once you have thousands of photos already published on maps. And yes, I know this should go to the "Feature requests" subforum (I will post something there later).

Level 2

So this explains quite a bit, I'll tell you why I couldn't delete the pictures. Instead of simply looking at the hamburger menu at the top right of the picture that I uploaded (which I somehow never saw) I clicked ONTO the picture, so I was viewing it and then I was looking for the option to delete it.

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Level 10

So you can now delete pics, cannot you, @DeanG?