chandras's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Unable to add new place

I am trying to add new place near my place.

I can edit them and submit, but the place is not published.

I check under "My Contributions/ Edits" it shows place is added but not applied.

12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Unable to add new place

Hi @chandras,

Thank you for bringing your question here.

As a reminder, it takes time for edits to populate throughout the Map. Check again in 24 hours as @PaulJ suggested.

For further information:

Many thanks!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them

View solution in original post

Level 7

Hi @chandras you need to wait until the status become "APPROVED" try to recheck it again in 24 H cheers, Andrey
Level 3

As much as it says its done you need to have it approved  first in order for it to show, even then it can take 24 to appear. Dont worry it will be on there soon.

Connect Moderator

@chandras Hi... 

Welcome to Connect or thanks for your Posting on connect... 

@PaulJ @pyerdna @chandras If u see the... Not Applied. Place added Status Its mean this edits is disqualified for adding on maps By Google.  There are many reason for this... 

Due to Duplicate Adding, Wrong Info,Spam etc, its may occurred.

So I want suggest that Before make any edits Know or search the place accurately.... 

Level 7

Thank for your note @ShafiulB

cheers,

Andrey

Connect Moderator

Solution

Hi @chandras,

Thank you for bringing your question here.

As a reminder, it takes time for edits to populate throughout the Map. Check again in 24 hours as @PaulJ suggested.

For further information:

Many thanks!

Level 9
Level 9

@MariaB wrote:

Check again in 24 hours

Hi @MariaBi

In his opening post chandras mentions that in his contributions list the edit says not applied. In such circumstances the edit has been rejected and checking again in 24 hours will only reveal that the edit is still not applied, as it will remain forever

Hi @chandras

You will need to resubmit the edit to get it approved and to go live, however something may have been wrong last time, so you probably don't want to submit the exact same edit. If you can post here a screenshot of the Thanks email you received when you made the first edit, then the forum may be able to work out what went wrong. Please also post a link to the map area where this place should be

Many thanks @Pea for the clarification and for supporting @chandras.

Still I recommend for him to check also about Map Maker editing tips in Help Center: https://support.google.com/mapmaker#topic=3180752 and in case of further questions, to contact Map Maker Official Product Forum: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/map-maker.

Many thanks!

Level 6

Just a same thing happening with me ... i am currently at level 6. And i unable to add place as it shows place creation Not Applied..Screenshot_2017-08-09-18-19-17.png