TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Google Drive storage promotion

Hello, I also surpassed Level 4 before 11 pm EST on March 17. There is no "redeem" button shown on my home page, and I have not received an email about my additional storage. The only change I see is that on my home page yesterday, it showed the 100GB storage as a benefit for Level 4 Guides. Today, no such benefit is shown.

How will those of us who achieved Level 4 before the deadline -- but close to the deadline -- be able to claim our Google Drive benefit?

Thank you!

-- a problem well defined is a problem half solved --
Level 7

Re: Unable to Redeem Google Drive Storage Benefit

Hi @TraciC,

I also reached level 4 before the deadline. I have an email from LocalGuides informing me that I reached Level 4. It is postmarked 2:36 pm PDT on March 17.

Please help me claim my Google Drive benefit!

If you wish, I can forward the email. Thank you very much!

Level 6

Re: Free Drive Storage - Missed 30 Day Window - Thanks for the appreciation Google

30 days is given to the user (guide level 4) to activate the bonus is not it, or I don't understand correctly? 

And I'm not complaining. I just can't clearly understand: should I wait for the bonus or not?

@SergeyS wrote:

I've got same result. I scored 200 points before the 16th, and a letter of congratulations on reaching the 4th level came only today (three days later).

It seems to me like some kind of trick 

What are you complaining about? Three days?! The benefit must be redeemed within 30 days of being issued. So what's a problem?

Level 4

@TraciC I appreciate you looking into this, but I think there may be an error on Google's end. I had my submissions in before 11pm ET on March 17, per the instructions in the post. My Local Guides Home page showed me having over 200 points (Level 4 requirement) on March 17 before 11pm ET. Does it take longer to process on Google's end? I'm not sure why it would show that I wasn't level 4 until a day later...

I was very aware of the deadline and made sure that my Local Guides Home page showed me at Level 4 before that time. I realize I was cutting it close, but using all the information from the aforementioned announcement, I met all the requirements for the extra Drive storage. I don't see anything in the post about leveling up taking extra time to process.

Please let me know how we can get this resolved. Thanks again!

Level 7

@TraciC,

Just FYI, that screenshot showing level 4 benefits is only "highlighted" (that is shown in green and not dimmed) when a Local Guide has actually achieved Level 4. 

Level 4

@Carol_Porter It looks like this happened to quite a few people that reached Level 4 close to the deadline. I'm hoping it's a technical issue on Google's end that they'll be able to resolve. We worked hard for that extra storage! 

And thanks for pointing out the screenshot info! I had it confirming I reached Level 4 before the deadline!

Level 4

Re: Google Drive storage promotion

@KevinW I made a post about the same issue. There seem to be quite a few of us affected by this issue. Hopefully it's a technical error they can sort out. I reached Level 4 before the deadline, but they're showing it didn't register on their end until a day later. I confirmed I was Level 4 on my Local Guides home page before 11pm ET on March 17. 

Level 4

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

Hello, I reached level 4 on March 16, but I did not receive the promotional code. I look at my homepage, but the code does not appear.

Level 7

@CarterS, check your inbox for email received before the deadline from "Community Mailer <no-reply@localguidesconnect.com>" that confirms that you've reached Level 4. I received one. I hope it will count if Google's internal data is bad. Along with you, I worked hard for to earn that benefit! Good luck!

Level 4

@Carol_Porter Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, I didn't receive that email until March 19. I reached Level 4 on March 17 (before the deadline) and the moderator shows me reaching it on March 18. So, the dates are all over the place. Hope they figure this out!