TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Level 4

IST 5pm 17th march approximately with 11pm-11h30pm EST on thursday, mar 16 so i think you should have the free 100gb space if you CLAIM this reward intime

time.png

Level 3

Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending - Complaining

After the cancellation of the Drive storage space increase, among the benefits, no concrete interest remains for me in continuing to contribute to the cause of google. The information that we carry, lead to google economic profit and I believe that the support we give to Google should be recognized in an equally concrete way. Even the increase of storage space, in my opinion, was not enough, because only "temporary"... (but better than nothing). Is somebody else complaining for this?

Level 4

Re: Free Drive Storage - Missed 30 Day Window - Thanks for the appreciation Google

This kinda looks like someone is trying here to fiddle with facts. It says that the points are awarded within 24 hours. I've reached 200 points on evening of March 15th, local time (GMT +2), way before your deadline. In violation of your own stated time limits, google awarded me level 4 around 3 days after I've got to 200 points! And now I can't receive the +100Gb award, though I did reach lvl 4 2.5 days before deadline.

I'm not saying it worth arguing - it's only 100Gb, for only one year. I'm just saying this move makes people think on your appreciation of what local guides did. I might as well switch to products by other companies, since I've got this negative experience you're providing.

Level 4

Re: Acknowledgement of receiving 100GB Google Drive Storage.

Same happened to me, but no promocode on local guides homepage, nor on my email. The 'congrats, you're lvl 4 now' email was sent to me 3 days after I've actually reached lvl 4, and after a deadline. The rules are 'reach lvl 4 before deadline' not 'reach lvl 4 at least 3 days before deadline, because we'll send you a promotion email with a 3-day delay'.

Oh, well.

Level 4

Re: Unable to Redeem Google Drive Storage Benefit

@CarterS wrote:

Tagging moderators

@TraciC @Corrie

Iam facing same pro

Level 4

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

Hi!

I reached L4 on March 17th, but I never received the confirmation email nor the Drive code. The benefit is listed on my Local Guide home page, but there is no code there and my Drive limit hasn't changed (currently 17 GB). 

What could I do?

Thanks for your time!

Level 9
Level 9

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending - Complaining

@AndreaB wrote:

no concrete interest remains for me in continuing to contribute to the cause of google

If the only reason for contributing was the free stuff then maybe you were doing it for the wrong reason and it's best to stop. 

MapMaker is closing soon but for many years thousands of people contributed to that with no free storage or other gifts of any kind. We're all motivated by different things, simply improving the map is good enough for lots of people

Level 3

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending - Complaining

Free "stuff" was not the only reason but I can not deny that, in my opinion, it was a due recognition for the time spent by those who contribute.
Personal satisfaction in contribution to improve a free service + free "stuff" was for me enough to be exchanged with my personal time. Google has chosen that personal satisfaction has to be enough. That's ok.
Thank you to inform me that I can stop giving support and I will take it into consideration but, anyway, any "Quality management system" appreciates the feedback from the users and feedback was clearly my purpose. Google Inc will understand. Thank you to share your opinion with me and I apologize for my english.

Level 4

Bonus Google 4 level - adittional space

Why I didnt have adiitional Google space for Experts 4 level ?

I read advertising what I must to grow up 4 level till 31/03/17

Former Google Contributor

Re: Google Drive Storage Promotion Ending

Hi @NoelR

You must redeem your Drive storage within 30 days of reaching Level 4, as long as you reached Level 4 by March 17, 2017 at 11pm EST. Learn more → goo.gl/0SkGFW

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them