VesaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Trouble adding a place to Google Maps, "NOT APPLIED"

Hi! I'm having trouble adding this place to Google Maps, I keep getting an almost instant "NOT APPLIED" message. Any ideas why?

The place is called Fafa's, located at shopping mall "Iso Omena" in Espoo, Finland, coordinates 60.161, 24.738. This is a picture I took of the place today while eating my lunch there: 
Fafa'sFafa's

I located the address, included the location inside the shopping mall to the address ("Piispansilta 9 A, 02230 Espoo, Ravintolamaailma M.E.E.T"), located the restaurant's website etc., like this: 

Google Maps Add a placeGoogle Maps Add a place

I got the "NOT APPLIED" message twice attempting the above. 

Piispansilta 9 a, 02230 Espoo, Finland
4 comments
Level 7

Re: Trouble adding a place to Google Maps, "NOT APPLIED"

Hello @VesaS

Glad to see that you are curious to add new places and help other people as much as you can. Well, the Google's mechanism of approving added places is kind of complex. I haven't been able to find out any logic of those things. When I add places on an average 3 out of 5 places are approved, others does not get added. I would suggest to keep adding places and contributing to Maps as much as you can. May be it would help in improving your trust ratings and as a result you might be able to get instant approvals as well. 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers, 

Zalak

Level 6

It seems that I get an automated "NOT APPLIED" message (in less than a minute now) trying to create that place. 

Too bad. It's one of my favourite fast food places, and the brand has been selected at least once as the best fast food place of the year.

Level 8

This is what I did for a place that I've failed to add in the past due to "Not Applied".
Not sure if this really would have worked or if they fixed something recently. Just in case...

1. Create the place in a different spot and/or slightly wrong spelling - I did both.
2. Once place is created, edit to make it correct (not sure if it matters if bulk edit or little by little. I did little by little)

Done with Mobile-Android

Level 7

I think this place is already on the maps, Please check this link https://goo.gl/maps/7T3xz4KnxSU2, are you talking about the same place?