SebaC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Steps to get started

Hello everyone, I'm new and I need to explain how I do to collaborate with Local Guide. How do I upload a place with a photo and description, through which platform? Is there any application to do so? 

Thanks and I hope you can guide me

Mendoza, Argentina
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Steps to get started

Hi @SebaC!

Welcome to Local Guides! We are glad you have joined us.

With regards to your questions, you can upload photos to Google Maps Via your Computer, or through your Google Maps App (Iphone, or Android). View this post on how to do so. Similarly, here is a post about how to write great reviews.

In terms of Local Guides, here are some tips to get started:

This section of the site has some good tips on using the community and interacting with your fellow Local Guides.

* Search the community  before publication as others may have asked to your question (and received a reply) already.

* Use the Field Location  to geolocalize your post to a specific location, but make sure that the content of the message is important.  

* Do not share personal information on forums, check out to the private message  option instead.

Level 10

Re: Steps to get started

Hi @SebaC first of all welcome to Local Guides Connect.

This is a place for sharing experiences and help through other Local Guides.

All you need to share photos and enrich your area is Google Maps application on your smartphone.

Use it to search for places and click on add photo to share photo with the whole world.

If you're new to Local Guides, you can learn more about making contributions to Google Maps to earn your badge within Google Maps by visiting the "Getting Started" section for helpful information. If you're interested in earnings badges here on Local Guides Connect, just keep posting interesting content and interacting with others as badges within Connect are tied to your activity in Connect (as well as within other areas of the Local Guides program).

Please read this post for tips on posting and interacting with the community. 🙂