Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Starting a local community

How do I start and moderate a local community so that I can arrange meet-up, share ideas, editing maps.

Auckland, New Zealand
11 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Starting a local community

Hi @Anonymous normally I would answer this question and give you the directions but I am concerned that you are going to attempt to do this as a business given your username. I would advise you to change your name so that you can take part in Local Guides. It is against the rules to conduct business within the community or make money from the program. Please reply when you've done this and I will give you the information.

Paul

Level 7

Hi @Anonymous

You may start a community from your Google+ profile and moderate. Before creating the community please check if there is any existing community. Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Asif
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulPavlinovich Trying to change but its not working

Connect Moderator

@AbdullahAlAsif I removed the solution from your answer. It is rather incomplete. I will give the complete answer once the name change is done.

To change your Connect username @Anonymous click your avatar in the top right hang corner of the page and then select Change Username, once it is done, sign out and sign back in and it should be fine.

lg change username.JPG

Level 7

Sure @PaulPavlinovich

Asif
Connect Moderator

@Anonymous What's the issue? Can you describe the steps? You need to go to your settings page, and you should see an option to change your username.

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

Also to re emphasize what @PaulPavlinovich said, you can't participate in the Local Guides program as an organization, brand or business as it's against the terms and conditions. I would advise to stop making Local Guides contributions using your business account, and switch to your personal account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iyudhi I tried but it's not changing. 

Connect Moderator

@Anonymous When you try to save your username, what happened? Any messages? Also just curious, are you logged in using a personal Google account, or is it a G Suite account? Not sure if that matters, but might be good to know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@iyudhi - There is no message. Changed and saved but didn't work. It's a G-suit account.