TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Seeing a loss of Local Guides points?

UPDATE (10/04/16): The team has resolved the issue and Local Guides should see that their points for valid contributions have been restored. As a reminder, Local Guides receive one point per contribution per place (so if you upload 10 photos to 1 place, you still receive 1 point) and all contributions must adhere to the policies. Thank you for your patience. 

UPDATE (09/23/16): The team is working on resolution and many Local Guides have seen some points be restored, though there may still be a delay. Please be assured your points and contributions are not lost and all should be restored soon. More updates will be shared in this thread as will notice of a complete resolution. Thank you!

Sometimes, Local Guides may see that their points have been removed because the content they have contributed violates our policies. Starting around Wednesday, September 14, however, there has been a bug causing some Local Guides to see a loss in points or not have their points update.

While many Local Guides have already seen their points reinstated, if you are one of the Local Guides impacted by an inaccurate points count and you are certain your photos and reviews do not violate our policies, we ask that you please bear with us as a solution is in progress.

Thank you for your patience.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
85 comments
Level 2

Loss of points

Who do we contact if we lose points? Yesterday I had 21, today, 20. I have 3 reviews and I am only getting credit for 1 of them. I should have 22 points. I know there are people out there with hundreds of points, but it's still a little unsettling to lose points for no reason.

Level 3

Re: Loss of points

Likewise, I was sitting at 156 points and submitted some missing information which is 100% correct only to find a short while later my points were down to 140 with no apparent breach of any posting policies? 

Level 8

@PeteD @carlosg Have you recheck your profiles lately?  I heard from others that the issue has been resolved?

Robby

Robby Sayles
Level 2

No, it hasn't over here. I have 4 reviews but only 2 points for reviews.

Level 8

Re: Losing points overnight

I have experienced the same issue. please help us.

Level 8

Hi @carlosg, I've been telling others to give it a few days to see if the points come back?  If not, I came across this other post, you probably will get some kind of direction?  Here's the LINK.  Good Luck.

Robby

Robby Sayles
Level 8

Hi @ZedTransforms @HarryF, it seems like a few others been affected, according to many posts.  Like I've told others, give it a few days to see what transpires, many are reported getting the points back.  However, here is an excellent reference POST, regarding getting help.

Kind Regards,

Robby

Robby Sayles
Level 3

@rtsayles No, so far my points have not been restored to what they were. 

Level 7

So I've been working very hard to grow my account I'm a local business owner I have a few businesses have kids or wife we travel a lot we know a lot of areas we live in multiple States we own property in multiple States so this is somewhat easier for me I have accrued some points but all the sudden they start disappearing now these points are not from yesterday and then the next day they disappear cuz they got this approved user points that I have had for a long. Of time and then they're just gone I was almost level 5 I was 75 80 points away from being level 5 .

So I got an email stating that I was doing a great job I was getting 7000 views on one photo and so many on another and I had accrued 10000 views or something that I don't remember at all the numbers but they were high.

So I got excited and you know I kept working at it I activated my Google storage and kept working got a few more points and then the next morning I woke up and I'm still Level 4 but I only have 180 points and I wanted to give up I still contemplating just saying forget it and I'll do this for free I like to do it it's fun I got some really good shots I asked business owners if I can put the pictures out of the building you know if the sign sometimes if it's like a Radio Shack that's not listed or any pictures I'll ask if I can do a shot of the inside of the store so they can show their inventory and they allow it I have some really good shots and I get a lot of use on them.

But a couple weeks goes by and I lost all my points and I don't know what to do I've been waiting patiently because a lot of people say to wait I am back up to 200 and something points now but I should not be level 5 and I should now have over 500 points and the thing that aggravates me the most we put a lot into this all of us not just me but all of us and other than ourselves who can we turn to I can't find a support length of place to email or anything other than other guys guides.

So if anybody's got some insight or some help I know Google's always been distant from its customers unless you're at Center AdWords account but as far as you know YouTuber complains or videos or anything there's not really a heck of a lot you can do or email but in this situation we're working hard for them and I still can't find a place other than here to post does anybody have any help on this I see this one was solved