JonasKL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

STREET VIEW PHOTOGRAPHS

Hello Guides,

I have taken a couple of street view pictures from different locations, but when I am trying to post online it requires that I post it to a place already mapped. I have several of them taken on road, not necessarily next to a place. how should I add those pictures?

Thanks 

JonasK

Kenya

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Kenya
4 comments
Level 10

Re: STREET VIEW PHOTOGRAPHS

Hi @JonasKL, when zooming out of the map you linked to, I can see a bunch of national parks and nature reserves all around. Possibly your photo spheres are in the range of one of those, too. If that's the case, what you can do is to 

1. place the photo sphere correctly on the map (where it was actually taken) so that people can find it 
  2. as a "business" or "place", add the national park where the photo sphere was taken.

This way your photo sphere will be visible in two, different ways: 

• when someone zooms into the area and drags Pegman over your photo spheres, they will appear as blue dots exactly where they should be
  • the photo spheres will also be listed under the national park you add it to. 

If you click here, you get to a place where I have two photo spheres in the woods (drag Pegman into the middle of the screen). If you go into the photo spheres, you can see that they are published as part of the place called "Balaton Uplands National Park". Although it's obviously not in a single spot, it does have a "default" location (for some reason, even a settlement is added to its  "address"). But whatever.

Level 9
Level 9

@petocsaba wrote:

If you click here, you get to a place where I have two photo spheres in the woods

Hey @Csaba

Could you give a quick explanation of the difference between the two images you refer to, the top one is labelled as a Photo Sphere, whereas the bottom one is Street View

How might this difference alter the way @JonasKL approaches his situation and how, if at all, does Google treat these differently, especially regards associating them with a POI?

Edit: Ah, sorry my confusion, I think it's 'Street View' when clicking direct from the map but 'Photo Sphere' when sharing. 

Level 10

Hi @Pea, I did not even notice the difference to be honest. I have no idea either. I took them about 5 minutes apart and uploaded them together afterwards in the evening (when I had WiFi connection) some time last September.

Level 10

PhilipF wrote: 

Edit: Ah, sorry my confusion, I think it's 'Street View' when clicking direct from the map but 'Photo Sphere' when sharing. 

Well, I think it is indeed confusing, @Pea. There are two spheres there (linked/connected) and when I enter either, it says "Street View" and when I click to go to the other one, it changes to "Photo Sphere".