ZiaM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Report spammer

Respected  Google Moderators   & Support Team !!

I am Google local-guide from Pakistan, (Rawalpindi/Islamabad)

Spamming by local guides please check it :
During Verification called "Check Facts" i am finding many of edits as well many of added places are replicated with series of specific repeated phone nos, websites which seem like not to be generated by any application spamming but a single or more local guides manual work.They Just trying to EARN points not to help community or work for Google.

i am 'Rejecting' constantly these Spammed verification.

Edits are applied on those places already having correct information, as well few categories are also being edited & replaced with self generated phone nos, & non-exiting websites, Ip address of some links.

Note:  I had already sent the email on local guides dash guides at google email address, but as response back a solution page comes in email reply.
I already had gone through all "Report Spammer" discussions& methods in this forum & followed the way.

Otherwise what is outcome of  local-guides efforts? to make verification of  data.
@LuisR contact me in private message or give me a details how to report.

Hope for best & my best wishes  for all LG program !!

6 comments
Level 8

Re: Report spammer

Hi @ZiaM,

It seems to me that reporting via email is enough.

Level 7

Thanks @YK1001,

I posted here due to notify, because  i did not received acknowledge on email, just received automated email in reply.

Usually Moderators are busy or might skipped-eye, reason is that they daily receive huge no of  emails requests.

@TraciC mentioned in reply of forum  post "I want to report Spammer Please contact me"

taric_busy.jpg

I hope it will be processed as it comes in notice.

Level 8

The private message is the PM channel within Connect Forum.  It is not the same as the email that you used to report spam.

And it seems Google will only ack receipt of your report, and might not update back if any actions are taken or not.  They might contact you when they want more details from you though.

As you mentioned one of our Google Moderators, please wait for their reply and see.

Thank you for taking the effort to report spams, @ZiaM.  It take more time, take longer to see positive change if any, and less rewarding.

Googler

@ZiaM  All emails sent to the team (not private messages here in Connect) receive an auto responder and once a team member has handled your email, you will receive a response to acknowledge receipt, but as @YK1001 is correct: we will not be able to tell you the result of our investigation. Thank you!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 7

@TraciC wrote:

@ZiaM  All emails sent to the team (not private messages here in Connect) receive an auto responder and once a team member has handled your email, you will receive a response to acknowledge receipt, but as @YK1001 is correct: we will not be able to tell you the result of our investigation. Thank you!

Thanks for your reply @TraciC

@YK1001 and you assumed wrong, where I mentioned here in my post, let me know what action is taken on my report by Google.?

My concern is/was to deliver my spaming complain with proof of 100 nos of png screen captures which I want to report.

Sorry but if reporting system is such complex & connect moderator reply is based on self assumption without understanding my point.

My responsibility was to report non-ethical activity which I observed, just no more concern.

I dont play for kudos here, I believe in work for comunity.

As per replied connect moderator @YK1001@email is enough, as I already did that on specified email mentioned in this forum.

So thread is closed on my end.

Regards to all

Level 8

Hi @ZiaM,

As I have read feedbacks about not being informed for results from reports, so I will always remind fellow LGs not to expect replies from Google for the results.

Once again, thank you very much for taking the time to report.

Regrading taking/sending lots of screen shots for reporting, I encourage you to create a new thread to discuss how to do reporting effectively.