AstaQ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Replacing A Community Moderator

I enjoy helping to provide accurate and useful information on Gmaps, and it would be great to help share the experience with more people. The logical next step would be to setup a community and become the moderator. My level's high enough (just became a level 5), and I know enough about Atlanta to suffice. With all the above said, there is already a community setup in Atlanta.

However, that community seems to be dormant. In 20+ weeks, no one has posted anything (including the moderator). How can I help out in such a way as to become the new moderator? The guidelines I read suggest that I'm not supposed to create a new community in the same area, and there are already 2,000+ members in the previous one.

Any help on this would be very appreciated. This is my first time posting, so please forgive me a faux pas or two (if I many any).

1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Replacing A Community Moderator

Hi @AstaQ, have you tried reaching in to the owner/moderator of the page? I saw the last post was 25 weeks ago, so I agree the community could be more active.

From the following post, it seems that the community was transferred by Google to a new owner. I think a good first step would be to try get in touch with him and express your interest to revive the community, and give it some time for him to respond. If after 1-2 weeks there's no response from him, we can think some other ways.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GoogleLocalGuides/posts/Awerz4bJZBN

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Replacing A Community Moderator

Hi @AstaQ, have you tried reaching in to the owner/moderator of the page? I saw the last post was 25 weeks ago, so I agree the community could be more active.

From the following post, it seems that the community was transferred by Google to a new owner. I think a good first step would be to try get in touch with him and express your interest to revive the community, and give it some time for him to respond. If after 1-2 weeks there's no response from him, we can think some other ways.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GoogleLocalGuides/posts/Awerz4bJZBN