WashingtonC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Place addition, Can i use tags?

Hi,

Was just wondering if you can add tags to places to make searches easier. For example some places are known better buy nicknames or other names other than the proper place name, so when you create it, can you add other tags so that the place shows up in the results even when you dont you the proper name, or can google consider adding that function?

1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Place addition, Can i use tags?

Hi @WashingtonC

In Maps, you cannot add  multiple names. In MapMaker however, you can add other names, too. Here's the Help Center article. Note however that MapMaker is closing soon (in fact in a few days). Now this means that MapMaker's features and functions are getting transferred directly to Maps so ideally (and hopefully) this feature will also arrive by time. 

Other than this, we cannot add tags. Please, do not add anything that does not strictly belong to the name as it's against the guide lines and will most probably be rejected.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Re: Place addition, Can i use tags?

Hi @WashingtonC

In Maps, you cannot add  multiple names. In MapMaker however, you can add other names, too. Here's the Help Center article. Note however that MapMaker is closing soon (in fact in a few days). Now this means that MapMaker's features and functions are getting transferred directly to Maps so ideally (and hopefully) this feature will also arrive by time. 

Other than this, we cannot add tags. Please, do not add anything that does not strictly belong to the name as it's against the guide lines and will most probably be rejected.