DianeJ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Photos not appearing but shown in contributions

Hello,

I am pretty new to local guides (only  a couple months) but I have noticed a few times that a photo will upload, appear in my contributions but then not ever get posted to the business photo listings. Am I doing something wrong or do some pages just have limits?......Thanks!

Atlanta, GA, United States
9 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Photos not appearing but shown in contributions

@DianeJ wrote:

a photo will upload, appear in my contributions but then not ever get posted to the business photo listings. 

I'm looking at your photo contributions https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/102050999802160414533/photos/ and all 120 pictures are associated with business listings. Are you referring to one of those 120 or some other photos?

Sometimes we can have photos in our contributions that say 'Unknown place' but you don't have that. That usually occurs if we associate an image with a place which subsequently gets deleted. The listing may be deleted because the business closes or because it should never have been on the map in the first place. 

Level 10

@DianeJ

It's normal. On your contribution tab you can see all your images. But everyone else can see only these which were approved to the maps and which are published on POI listings.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 8

Ok.....now I just realized those 2 photos are part of My Contributions on my Android but not on my laptop.

Level 8

Hi Jacek,

So I took several photos yesterday, most approved and published, but 2 were not. But now I remember that as I was walking Maps sent a notification to attach these to a different business nearby and I just swiped left to ignore.

So are the photos locked in at a different address and that is why I can't post them?.....I guess I should have clicked "Somewhere Else".

Level 10

@DianeJ

I'm sorry, I don't know.

I think that is worth to look at images on your contrubution tab in a few days when you'll be logged and also in incognito mode via browser and you'll see which images are published, which not.

After that remove unpublished images, wait few days, clear cache/temporary data on your device and try to add these images once again step by step and I think you'll find the solution, you'll see what's wrong.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 8

Hey Jacek,

Thanks for responding! So I just went back and shot the photos again since they are just down the street from me. 

Today there was no problem and they immediately uploaded. I did turn off that "location notification" option so I suspect that might have caused the error, but who really knows!

Level 3

Hi,

sorry for my interference but I have a similar problem with NOT spherical photos.

sometimes it happens that about two uploaded images just one is published, other times none of them.

for example I uploaded these two photos:

https://www.google.it/maps/contrib/104623190823689912658/place/ChIJt4qT-2K9hkcRrp4mhDk6lrc/@44.37666...

but just the first one is visible on target place. same for these two photos:

https://www.google.it/maps/contrib/104623190823689912658/place/ChIJnyJb6kKPKRMRb8AldKhqEd0/@44.37666...

these two single photos are not shown on target place:

https://www.google.it/maps/contrib/104623190823689912658/place/ChIJpzkYe3G6hkcRdlDrC4MTjfM/@44.37666...

https://www.google.it/maps/contrib/104623190823689912658/place/ChIJxbOwCJO6hkcRkz8F4lgJ5W0/@44.37666...

even if all of them are in my contributions.

I tried to remove them and to upload them again with no luck.

is there any reason for this behaviour?

Please let me know

Thank you

Best regards

Emanuele

Level 8

Hello Emanuele,

Your photos are incredible! Unfortuantely, I have not solved this problem. Some photos do take a day to appear but others never do. Also, I have gone back a week later and sometimes it works. There is just no logical explanation.

Take care, Diane.

Level 3

Hello Diane,

thank you very much for everything. I'll try to remove them and upload them again a week later.

I hope it'll solve at least some of the problems and that this bug will be fixed on google maps.

Regards

Emanuele