DianeJ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Photo backups

Hi, I am still quite new to Local Guides.

I have not been saving the photos I post to Google Maps, but I would like to start.

Is there a quick and easy way to just get daily backups of new photos that I post?

I am using an Android phone with not much memory.

Should I get the Google Photo App?........Thanks!

Atlanta, GA, United States
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Photo backups

Hi @DianeJ. I use and recommend Google Photos. If you delete a photo from Google Photos that you've uploaded to Google Maps, however, it will also be deleted from Google Maps, so be sure not to delete photos from Google Photos if they are also uploaded to Google Maps. This shouldn't be an issue though because you have unlimited photo uploads to Google Photos as long as you upload using the high-quality option, which is awesome. 

Google Photos also has a "free up space" option which will delete all photos from your phone's storage if they have already been backed up to Google Photos. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Googler
Solution

Hi @DianeJ. I use and recommend Google Photos. If you delete a photo from Google Photos that you've uploaded to Google Maps, however, it will also be deleted from Google Maps, so be sure not to delete photos from Google Photos if they are also uploaded to Google Maps. This shouldn't be an issue though because you have unlimited photo uploads to Google Photos as long as you upload using the high-quality option, which is awesome. 

Google Photos also has a "free up space" option which will delete all photos from your phone's storage if they have already been backed up to Google Photos. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Great - Thanks!
I just got Google Photos and it works exactly as I'd hoped it would.