BogdanA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Online Community Question

Hello,
I recently create a comunity for a city and I have completed the form for the Google support. In the section "Dont’s" it's a line that says "Allow or post promotional content of any kind"... and I don't know how to interpret it. For example - I have a category called "Culture" in witch I post events, festivals, theater etc. because I think it's an important and useful thing for people. So... it's this considerd promotional?
Also if you have any suggestions - I will glad to consider them.

https://plus.google.com/communities/114749516880266582641
Have a great night!

Bucharest, Municipiul București, România
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Googler
Solution

Re: Online Community Question

@BogdanA Events that would be of interest to your community members are fine. Generally, everything is OK in moderation and each community may be different. As a community moderator, you determine which content you share and set the tone for others to share their content, too, so as a best practice, I'd probably include a note as to why you're sharing a particular event, like "I know some people enjoy burgers, so here's a burger crawl" or "Here's a free event at an art gallery that is usually closed to the public." I hope this helps. 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.

View solution in original post

Googler

Hi @BogdanA. This means that if people are trying to sell sneakers or are promoting things that have nothing to do with Local Guides, you should not allow those sort of posts. The Local Guides team supports communities that are related to Local Guides and not for promoting someone's business, spam or other content. We know that sometimes topics will not always be completely about Local Guides but we encourage communities to really keep an eye on spam to encourage other people to participate in your community and keep it a welcoming place for others. I hope this info helps. 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 6

Thank you @TraciC for your kind response but this dosen't answer my question. It's obvious that it's not ok to let sellers do their job on your community page. Instead I was worried not breaking the rules when I post cultural events, entertainment shows or festivals that can be a general interest for my community, but (ofcourse) they are organized by different businesses, organizations or even clubs and pubs. So... for example if I found a stand-up comedy event (even with free entrance but in a private location [bar]) - and I post it... I am promoting the event/bar or I give a good information for my community and it's ok?

Googler
Solution

@BogdanA Events that would be of interest to your community members are fine. Generally, everything is OK in moderation and each community may be different. As a community moderator, you determine which content you share and set the tone for others to share their content, too, so as a best practice, I'd probably include a note as to why you're sharing a particular event, like "I know some people enjoy burgers, so here's a burger crawl" or "Here's a free event at an art gallery that is usually closed to the public." I hope this helps. 

Level 7

Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.