AradhanaB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perk in India: Free upgrade to Ola Select

Former Google Contributor

ola-local-guides-lg-connect (1).png

We know Local Guides love to explore, but it’s hard to stay connected without Wi-Fi. As a thank you for top Local Guides in select cities in India, we’ve teamed up with Ola Cabs to keep you connected on the move.

Follow these steps to get a free month of Ola Select, as well as an additional 10% discount when you renew the membership for another month. Even existing Ola Select members can redeem!

With Ola Select benefits, you get free in-vehicle Wi-Fi, no peak pricing, can skip booking queues, book a Prime Sedan at Mini fares, and get airport lounge access.

Eligible Local Guides need to redeem the perk by 24 June 2017, so check your email for the unique offer code.

Here’s how to redeem:

Download the Ola app and following the instructions below, depending on whether or not you’re a current Ola customer.

First time Ola select members:

• Open Ola app
  • Click ‘Join Ola Select’
  • Click ‘Apply Coupon’
  • Enter ‘Voucher Code’
  • If you see ‘CLEAR’ after applying the voucher code, do not press it or you will not be able to take advantage of the 10% discount on a one month renewal
  • Click ‘Start Subscription’

Current Ola members; where auto renewal is ‘ON’

• Open Ola app
  • Click on your name on top
  • Click on ‘Ola Select membership’
  • Click on ‘Modify’
  • Click on ‘Apply Coupon’
  • Enter ‘Voucher Code’
  • If you see ‘CLEAR’ after applying the voucher code, do not press it or you will not be able to take advantage of the 10% discount on a one month renewal
  • Click on ‘Update plan’

Current Ola members where auto renewal is ‘OFF’

• Open Ola app
  • Click on your name on top
  • Click on ‘Ola Select membership’
  • Click on ‘Restart Subscription’
  • Click on ‘Apply Coupon’
  • Enter ‘Voucher Code’
  • Click on ‘Update plan’

We know you may have other questions about the perk, so here’s some additional info:

What cities received the perk?

The perk is available for Local Guides in the following cities: Agra, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysore, New Delhi, Pune, Ranchi, Thiruvananthapuram, Vijayawada, and Visakhapatnam.

I am a Local Guide but did not receive this benefit; why?

The perk is available to Local Guides from Level 3 to Level 5 in one of the above mentioned cities.

Is this a recurring or a permanent benefit?

This is a one-time benefit for Local Guides (as of 22 May 2017) in the above cities.

What is the deadline for redeeming this benefit?

You must redeem this benefit by 24 June 2017.

Do I have to enter my credit or debit card information to redeem this perk?

No. Credit card or debit card details are not required.

I don't see the Ola Select option in the app, what should I do?

Update your app to the latest version. If the problem persists please contact support@olacabs.com or call 080-33553355.

Will Ola automatically bill me for the next month after my free month of Ola Select?

Your Ola Select subscription will be automatically renewed after the expiration of one month free trial. If you have insufficient funds in your Ola Money wallet, auto renewal will fail and you will be notified about it via the email associated with your Ola account. You can manually renew your one-month Ola Select membership for 10% off. At that point, you will have to load Ola Money in your wallet using a credit card, debit card or net banking to pay for the membership.

What is the renewal policy for Ola Select memberships?

If you choose to take advantage of the 10% off one month Ola Select membership, your Ola Select membership will be auto renewed until you choose to cancel your membership. You will be alerted of the expiration date of your Ola Select membership via email on your registered email ID and push notification on your phone. If you do not wish to continue, you must cancel your Ola Select membership to avoid further charges.

If I take advantage of the 10% off one month offer,  how do I cancel my Ola Select membership if this isn’t for me?

If you choose to take advantage of the 10% off one month Ola Select membership and you have enabled auto renewal, you can cancel it from the Ola App.

• Visit Support in your Ola app menu
  • Tap on My Select Membership and select Managing My Membership
  • Select Canceling my membership and click Submit

Your Ola Select membership will be cancelled if the purchase period of the membership is less than 7 days. You can always renew your subscription later.

If the period of 7 days from the date of purchase has passed, your Ola Select membership will not be cancelled. However, auto renewal for your Ola Select membership will be disabled. Your account will not be charged for renewing Ola Select membership at the end of your current subscription.

I am already an Ola Select member, how do I redeem the perk?

If you are already an active Ola Select member, you can still use the voucher, but the free trial will start after your current subscription has ended.

How do I check my auto-renewal status?

Visit your Ola Select membership page to see if auto renewal is enabled or disabled.

May I redeem this perk for cash?

No, this perk has no cash value. If you received this perk, you may give the offer code to a friend or family member but you may not sell or exchange the perk for money.

I’m having trouble with my offer code, what do I do?

If your city selection for Local Guides and Ola ride city is different, the code may not work. Please send an email to support@olacabs.com or call at 080-33553355 for assistance.

I am a Local Guide in the same city as my friend who received the email, why didn’t I receive the benefit?

Local Guides who signed up for Local Guides in one of the above cities before 22 May 2017 and who have opted in to receive benefit emails received this perk. To see where you are signed up for Local Guides or to updated your email preferences, please visit your settings. If you are signed up for Local Guides in one of those cities, please check your email preferences as well as your spam or promotions folder.

I just signed up for Local Guides/I just reached Level 3+, will I receive the perk?

This perk is only available to Local Guides in the cities listed above who were signed up before 22 May 2017.

I just changed my opt-in city to be one of the cities where the perk is available, will I receive the perk?

No. This perk is only available to Local Guides in the cities listed above who were signed up in that city before 22 May 2017.

I don’t live in India and I want a perk. How do I get one?

The Local Guides program is constantly evolving. Perks may be offered from time to time. If you have a suggested partner,  or a perk you would like to see offered in your area, we welcome your feedback in the comments below. Please also be sure that your email preferences have benefits emails enabled by visiting your Local Guides home.

249 Comments
Level 8

Thanks to Google team for  recommending the wonderful attractions to me for availing the perk with the collaboration of Ola cab. 

Level 9

Hey @BishowvijayaP check out the image .everything will be cleared to you.

Screenshot_2017-05-26-14-01-30.png

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Such a detailed article. Appreciated.

Also big Thanks for the OLA Select Subscription voucher. 

Level 7

I was asked to choose a plan and apply the coupon code . What plan have you choose ?

Level 3

I will try to get next time.

Level 8

i will going to use this offer @AradhanaB

Level 6

Till yesterday i was at level 2, but now i am at level 3

But i have not received any voucher, so may i know if i can get an voucher for the same?

@AradhanaB

Thank you @AradhanaB, its 2nd offer and We expect more offers 

We are Happy and proud Local Guides

Level 7

@AradhanaB thanks for the perk send to me for ola select one month free subscription. It  should had been uber instead of ola. 

Level 6

i not get ola select option in my app

Level 6

hey , those who are finding difficulties in using code , here is the clue , if u get code - if there is O( alphabetic O ) in code change it with Zero , or vice versa , i was facing same , but now its working . 

Level 8

Just received the coupon in my inbox. Will definitely use the coupon and try the Ola Select membership.

Level 7

Yipee!! I received my code ..

I am using the Ola services from past 3 years.. I am happy to enjoy this service..

After not being selected for #LGSUMMIT17 ... this is a good news for me..

Thanks a lot..!!! It seems now Local Guides will get some benefits for their Work too,.

Thanku @AradhanaB

Adarsh Goyal || Bangalore Local Guides || India         
Level 3

Previously i was in Level 2. I was upgraded to Level 3 just now. Am i eligible for this offer??

Level 8

@AradhanaB I Spoke to ola support on twitter. I am sharing my conversation screenshots bellow: S70526-191706.jpg

S70526-191714.jpg

S70526-191729.jpg

222.jpg

It seems they are unaware of this issue.

I will be updation you all about it as soon as I will get the solution.

With love,
Prakhar Sahu
Level 8

Well I wanted to know if someone could tell me regarding pricing of OLA CABS after redemption of the code given by Google. I haven't used that till date .  I am mostly using my own car. Is it really worth.

Level 6
Level 6

Code is not working

When I apply it is saying  Sorry. Something Wrong.

Connect Moderator

@chn Are you located in one of the following cities?

What cities received the perk?

The perk is available for Local Guides in the following cities: Agra, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysore, New Delhi, Pune, Ranchi, Thiruvananthapuram, Vijayawada, and Visakhapatnam.

For complete details please check out the following post

Perk in India: Free upgrade to Ola Select

Level 3

I have not recd the mentioned benefit from google. I'm at level 3 belongs to delhi and have not opted out of benefits prog. 

Can you please check and send the said benefits please. 

Thanks. 

Abhishek 

Level 8

@AradhanaB

Still i am not received any Email from Local Guide Team

Thanks for sharing the information.

Hi @AradhanaB 

This is Awesone.

I just saw this mail.

Thanks LG for this gift.

Level 7
Level 7
@Umashankar What have you set as your home location? Are you sure its one of these "Agra, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysore, New Delhi, Pune, Ranchi, Thiruvananthapuram, Vijayawada, and Visakhapatnam." Because the perk is only available in these cities. You can check your set home location at this link- https://maps.google.com/localguides/home/settings
Level 7
Level 7
@Ashis_Kyal As far as i know. This perk is only valid for the local guides who were already a level 3 or more as of 22/05/17. And the people levelling up after that won't be receiving this perk.

@AradhanaB I received that email, Thanks to Google India for this new perks giving to all eligible Local Guides.

Level 7

Not at all working the coupon code which they give for Ola Select.Highly disappointed.

This is how you fake a local guide?What if we don't contribute.

Chosen 1 month plan

Vijaya Bhaskar Reddy A
Level 10

thank you for information @AradhanaB

but, my city is not supported for this offer !

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+

@GYANENDRAM

I am from Delhi, though I travel by my own car yet I do use Ola and Uber at times. You can download their apps to check rates as there are plenty of option like mini, sedan, etc. etc.

Cheers !

Thanks @LuisRG and @ProfArunCM

Download the Ola app. Go to the main menu and select "Rate Cards".

Different options are available for various categories like Micro, Mini, Prime Sedan and Prime SUV.

Level 3

Asshat, you are clueless 

Invalid coupon of ola select provided in the email.kindly check 

Unable to redeem the code. It says error.

By the deep Sea, and music in its roar: I love not Man the less, but Nature more.
Level 5

Unable to redeem the code. My registered CITY on Google and the GPS city in use on OLA are the same (Bangalore). OIa app gives message "Invalid Coupon Code"

Level 8

Update: Finally got the option to enroll in Ola Select but now getting an error "Something went wrong".

After complaining on twitter, Ola finally sent me a notification and enabled "Join Ola Select" option on my profile.After complaining on twitter, Ola finally sent me a notification and enabled "Join Ola Select" option on my profile.

Still unable to redeem the coupon though. :(Still unable to redeem the coupon though. 😞 

With love,
Prakhar Sahu

@Pranav_Agrwl If you are still facing issue please contact Ola support, you can find the details in the FAQ in the article.  

@viajerosoul Please read the FAQ to help resolve your concern if you are still unable to redeem the code please contact support@olacabs.com or call 080-33553355

@AradhanaB I didn't receive both swigg and  ola offer .I also checked my spam and promotional folder

@RakeshCheruvu Please refer to the FAQ to know more about the codes. If you qualify then you would receive an email with the code. 

@RKSaini The offer here is to try Ola Select for a month for free. Please read the FAQs to know more about the offer, and you can also read more about Ola Select in the FAQ. 

@NaveenKantipudi Please go through the FAQ to see if the perk email has been sent to you. 

@Abhishekds Please go through the FAQ, and if it does not address your concern please reach out to Ola for support. The contact details are mentioned in the FAQ. 

@Somen_Sharma Please read through the FAQ to see if the city you have selected has received the perk email. The Local Guides across Level 3-5 as of 22 May 2017 with the cities listed in the FAQ received the perk, please also check your email settings. You can find all the details in the FAQ. 

@Ashis_Kyal The perk was given to Local Guides who reached Level 3 on 22 May 2017, in the cities mentioned in the FAQ. Please find more details in there. We keep sending perks to Local Guides so make sure to check your emails for future perks. 

@chetan Please read through the FAQ if you aren't able to see the option for Ola Select, we have also shared contacts details of Ola if you are facing any issue. 

@Abhishek84 The perk was given to Local Guides who reached Level 3 on 22 May 2017, have the cities mentioned in the FAQ as their selected city as of 22 May 2017. Please find more details in there. We keep sending perks to Local Guides so make sure to check your emails for future perks. 

Level 8

A month ago google local guides offers the SWIGGY voucher of 300 rs for local guides in India in some selected cities but i did't recived the swiggy offer from local guides ,.I'm from kolkata ,india and level 5 local guides .I remember that when i joined local guides this time i'm not in kolkata ,at the first of join local guides they just ask for choose a city or town but this time i didn't choose kolkata  but now i stay in kolkata   & also didn't recieved the new offer for local guides 'OLA SELECT'. .what is the reason of it ? primary address or others any reason?If primary address then how i change my primary address ?

"89425i83C4F110B59EBD53" width="43" height="27" alt="Indian-Flag-Wallpapers-HD-Images-Free-Download-1024x640.jpg" align="left" resized="true" size="small" sourcetype="new"
Level 8

No Idea!

Level 7

I have a ola select offer code.. 

Thanks Google local guide them. ..😀😀😀

Goutam Bepari
Level 6

To all Local Guides on Level 4,

I congratulate all of you to receive One Month of Ola Select Prime Membership for one month.

I believe this will boost the enthusiasm of every local guides in India to contribute more to Google Local Guides.

Best of luck for future contributions.

Lets make this Map more informative. 🙂