aeguy63's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Newbie with a question

Hello All, I'm Matt and a new editor to local guides / map maker. I have searched the forum and other websites and haven't had much luck. The map in my town is extremely outdated as our town is growing exponentially. I've made some edits a few months ago and even some this week and they've been in a "pending" limbo. Is there a state or regional contact for Beaufort County, South Carolina that could help me get this approved so we can help improve the map for everyone?

Thanks in advance!

Bluffton, SC, United States
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Newbie with a question

@aeguy63 Are you using Google Map Maker to make changes? Please try Google Maps. I had a similar experience. When I add some PoI using Google Map Maker, it takes a lot of time, but when I use Google Maps it show up in few days.

Please watch this video or read this article on how to add place using the Google Maps. Read this article to find out how to an edit place.

Level 5

@AnuradhaP can I add a street through Google Maps?

Level 9
Level 9

@MatthewG wrote:

can I add a street through Google Maps?

Not yet. Possibly in March when MapMaker closes. 

If you made your pending edits via MapMaker you're probably best off asking on their product forum about getting them approved

If you made the edits via Maps before 8 November then again you could ask on the MapMaker product forum

If you made the edits via Maps after 8 November then only Google can approve them and there's no way to speed progress along.

Level 10

@aeguy63, As @Pea mentioned not yet. You can use Google Map Maker up to March 2017, if it is available in your country.