itzhp's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Name correction rejected

Hello

I changed name of the place which I know personally and also seen clearly on linked photo is been rejected repeatedly. I uploaded a photo which display name clearly in gujarati language. Google shows it as "Tanbhai Peston jee Kapadia Memorial Market" but real place name is "Ratanbai Peston jee Kapadia Memorial Market".

Added location of the place with this. Please look in to this and correct the information. If anyone knows how to contact the moderator, please guide me.

Tanbhai Peston jee Kapadia Memorial Market, Matheran, Maharashtra, India
7 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Name correction rejected

I've searched for this feature and can't find it under the names you provided. If you want help with a specific place it is helpful to include a link: Open the listing and click the Share icon, then tick the Short URL box you'll get a helpful url.

Adding the word Moderator to the tags should alert one to read your post but they won't be able to fix things for you, they can advise you how to help yourself.

Maybe a Mod could also move this to the Mapping Your Word board?

Level 8

I added a location with that but it is not linked here. Ok this is the link of that place : https://goo.gl/maps/SxQnbF1yNPK2

Level 9
Level 9

I'm guessing a problem you have is that the photos for this feature show the name which you say is wrong. Any review of an edit to change the name might consider the photos and reject the edit.

Are there any signs around the market displaying the correct name, that you could photograph and add to the listing?

Until March you also have the option to make the edit via MapMaker https://goo.gl/VDd0Um where, unlike LG edits on Maps, you can add an explanatory note

Level 8

I already uploaded a photo with that name mentioned on it but unfortunately that starting word not shown clearly due to a object but u can imagine that word if u look at that. You can check this attached photo..

DSC_0051.JPG

You can see full title in gujarati language and after translate in english u can get the real name of that market place. This is the translated screenshot..

ratanbai.png

And one more proof.. 🙂

DSC_0052.JPG

Here is the full name with all correction: (If you agree to update)

BAI RATANBAI PESTONJI NAOROJI KAPADIA MEMORIAL MARKET

Level 2

Re: correction rejected

Hi,how can I edit the name of the place which I need to Add on Google Map? 

Level 9
Level 9

Re: correction rejected

@MarvinS wrote:

Hi,how can I edit the name of the place which I need to Add on Google Map? 

First thing is to start your own thread

Level 8

Please look into this.