AshwinT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Namaste from India !

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the community discussions and my involvement with Local Guides has been amazing but restricted to contributions of places on Maps - and hence I do not know if this will be counted as a post ! Nevertheless, here's a bit about myself :

I'm Ashwin, an architect and urban designer by profession, and I love to enrich my travels with stories, sketches, photographs and reviews. From correcting spam places on the MapMaker program to adding restaurant menu photos in Local guides, the thought of having the power to better the Great Google Maps is so humbling !

I look forward to an active participation 🙂

Ashwin Tahiliani
Architect + Urban Designer | By Qualification
Photographer, Urban Sketcher, Heritage Enthusiast | By Passion
New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 comments
Level 5

Re: Namaste from India !

Hello Ashwin,
Honestly i also have the fear that places i add will not be accepted on online Maps hence will not be counted as a post and receive points.
From my experience i can assure you that 90% of added places till the end there accepted and i received my points but also a lot more pressure knowing that people can benefit from my contribution.

Level 8

Hi ! @AshwinT

Welcome to the community and happy mapping. Where are you from in India?

It is recommended that you explore the forums and you may post an introduction here

Cheers ! ! 

Level 7

Hi @AshwinT

Welcome to the connect. Well, as you've been enjoying contributing, believe me you would love it being here as well. Off course, you wpuld be contributing in a very precise and proper manner but being here on Connect for a few days will surely make a difference in the way you contribute to the maps. The quality of your contribution would get better and better as you will get to know about a lot of new things relating to the application... 🙂

Hope you have a very good time interacting with others and helping millions by way of contributing to Maps! 

Cheers, 

Zalak

Level 9

@AshwinT Nice to see you from India. A lot of time has passed when you were online. But let me explain about community.

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forum, check out the private messaging option instead. 
  • This area has helpful more information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 
  • By following this link you can find local guides near you.

Many thanks and have fun with other local guides. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Firstly welcome to connect family mate @AshwinT, yes this post will be counted and mapmaker closed from past 3 months.

Start contributing to community mate and best of luck to you 🙏🙏🙏🙏