prabuk's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

My edit is not getting published

My edit about New Begginning Church  is not getting published at all. The mistake is so glaring and the church is located at less than 150 metres from my house. Any reason for not accepting my change on this?

7 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: My edit is not getting published

When you make an edit you should get a Thanks email, if you screengrab that we can see the details of your edit and perhaps advise what's wrong

Level 7

Hi PhilipF,

thanks for your reply. i've attached the screengrab here..

Thank you
Your edit is being reviewed. Thanks for sharing your knowledge of New Begginning Church.
We'll let you know once the changes are published. You can see the status of your edit in Your Contributions.

New Begginning Church

Your edit
Address:
Second Cross St
Kalaivaanar Nagar, Navarkulam
Puducherry, 605101
India
4/449, 605006
1st Cross St
Kalaivaanar Nagar, Navarkulam
Puducherry, 605008
India
Map marker moved.
Edited on Jan 15, 2017 · In review
Keep exploring,
The Google Maps team
© 2017 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You've received this confirmation email to update you about your editing activities on Google Maps.

new beginning church.JPG

Level 9
Level 9

I'm not familiar with the Indian addressing system but in your edit you seem to have two different post codes 605006 and 605008, are these in conflict? Do either of these codes match the pin drop you want

Level 7

Actually, there are a number of mistakes in my locality. The correct area name should be kalaivanar Nagar, Pattanur, Tamil Nadu 605006. 

However the entire area appears as kalaivanar Nagar, navarkulam, Pondicherry with various pincodes like 605008, 605101. 

Being new, I don't know who to approach to get this thing corrected. Please find Street Map as published by our area resident welfare association to see our area map along with correct locality address. 

Any help in getting this locality issue fixed will be highly appreciated.
Level 9
Level 9

OK first thing, whatever you do never quote or link to another map. That may sound strange, because you're thinking "but the other map proves I'm correct", but it raises copyright issues. People often do that in MapMaker, then get a straight denial and can't understand why.

If there are wider errors on the map you can report them directly. 

Open the map https://goo.gl/maps/wNpXaFBju2p

Click the 'hamburger' menu icon ☰

Click Send feeback

Click Other feedback

Take a screenshot and add your explanation

Level 7

Thank you PhilipF. As suggested by you, I have sent the following feedback 

"The area marked in yellow colour is known as Kalaivanar Nagar. This area has seven cross streets, 5 Main Roads, 3 streets under Kurinji Street and one street named Thamari Street. The entire area comes under village named Pattanur in TamilNadu with postal code 605006 served by Dhanvantri Nagar Post office. This area has nothing to do with Navarkulam which is east of this area and this area does not belong to Pondicherry. A street map published by Kalaivanar Nagar welfare association can be found here https://sites.google.com/site/pkwaonthenet/contact-us/streetmap

I can be reached at <REDACTED phone number> for any clarifications. Please fix the area map with

1) correct street names,
2) Removing references to Navarkulam and Pondicherry
3) Add Pattanur, TamilNadu
4) Change the postal code to 605006 instead of 605111."

Hope the above issues gets fixed asap. Because of the above issues, whatever places i'm adding, i'm forced to add with wrong address to be accepted by google maps team.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @prabuk,

I'd like to inform you, I redacted the phone number from your post, as sharing personal information on Connect is violating our program rules.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Google Moderator Thank you!