JosephC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

My Photos appear Sideways

I took a bunch of pictures of stores that are now on Google Maps, but many of the photos are sideways?  Is it possible to rotate them?  The last time I took photos, they had the correct orientation, why is it different this time?

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: My Photos appear Sideways

@JosephC hi 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect Forum and Thanks for your Posting on Connect....

I think u have uploaded these photos that same rotation condition Because these photos are save with same condition on your phone .. so they show like this ...

U can remove these photos or upload these with right condition .....

AS far as i know , Maps uploading system has not this kind of rotation feature its own .......

Level 8

Hi @JosephC,

Further to @ShafiulB mentioned, it also depends how the photos are taken (using which Camera app), how they are uploaded to Maps, and using which device (Android / iOS / Desktop).

My impression is iOS users are reporting similar issues more often than Android users.

Level 5

The time it worked I had taken the photos with the regular camera app and then posted them later.  This time when they were incorrect, I have taken them from within the Google Maps app.  So, maybe whatever Google Maps uses internally does not detect and mark the orientation correctly.

Level 5

I have the same problem. On computer they are fine but when viewed on cell phone or tablet they are sideways.