StevenM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Multiple Cities

When I signed up Local Guides asked for my City. Does this mean it will only ask me questions about My City or will it extend to others as I travel? S-

6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Multiple Cities

Hi @StevenM,

It's only question about place you are currently living, most intetesting in reviewing. You can review and improve maps wherever you want.

You'll be asked about place which you visit on all over the world not only in your city.

Your reviews will not be deleted and your level will not be affected when changing cities.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi @StevenM,

It's only question about place you are currently living, most intetesting in reviewing. You can review and improve maps wherever you want.

You'll be asked about place which you visit on all over the world not only in your city.

Your reviews will not be deleted and your level will not be affected when changing cities.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 1

I'm new to Local Guides and it seems I started asking question's before using it, but appreciate the update and look forward to helping the community! S-

@Jacek NK wrote:

Hi @StevenM,

Regards,

Jacek

Level 10

So, welcome to community @StevenM!

Here you can find many interesting informations about "How to be a Local Guide":

https://support.google.com/local-guides/?hl=en#topic=6225845

Regards,

Jacek

Level 1

Appreciate! S-

@Jacek NK wrote:

So, welcome to community @StevenM!

Here you can find many interesting informations about "How to be a Local Guide":

https://support.google.com/local-guides/?hl=en#topic=6225845

Regards,

Jacek

Level 4

I live in 2 cities. How do I become a local guide for both?

Level 9

I would like to add that by listing your city, you get information based on your city from the Google team.  There was a regional challenge last year, and based on the city listed is how the tallied the points for the team challenge.  Sometime you get perks from LG team and those perks might be regional.  I remember one city got ice cream, others got virtual cash to spend at a food delivery, we just recently get 3 months of NYTimes.  I think it also helps them determine some stats on how many people are LG's in their city.