Svelix's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Map edits not getting approved

Hi,

I reported a blocked bridge near my home a dozed times for several weeks now, but maps still tries to guide you over it when calculating routes.

Since mapmaker is closed, I did not find any way approve changed roads yet.

I can only check and approve stuff like closed shops etc. but no changes to roads/road properties.

Is that currently not possible?

Near my home is currently a lot of construction work going on on the highway involving bridges and ramps being closed for several days/weeks or even month. I would be good have an easy and quick way to reflect those changes fast in google maps, because otherwise misdirection will occur with massive detours needed.

7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Map edits not getting approved

Hi @Svelix, I understand your frustration, but editing takes time. Please refer to this post:  Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

Changes to roads/road properties - you can use: “Edit the map” or “Report missing road”. Please find more details here: Report an error on the map. Thank you!

Level 4

Hi Atsukot,

thanks for your reply.

My problem is, I don't even have an edit status. When I look at 

"Your contributions > Edits" only edits to places I made show up. But not the edits to the road properties of the bridge.

I am wondering if those edits are actually in the system?

Some edits I did with mapmaker some years ago (that did get approved) don't show up either.

So when I report a section of a road as closed with the maps app, where does that change actually go to?

Hi @Svelix, please confirm: your problem is - Your contributions > Edits - you see a list of edits and places you’ve added on, but you don’t see a status of edit for road properties of the bridge.

If yes - I would suggest you to add the road properties of the bridge again by Report an error on the map. If it still doesn’t work, please Send feedback about Maps. Thank you!

Level 4

Correct. I edit the bridge exactly like described, I do get a confirmation email, thanking me for my contribution and stating that it will be checked, but it does not show up at "my contributions". And even a month later nothing changes.

I did report the problem again now, but it is still the same. I will send feedback about maps now.

Hi @Svelix Great, thank you for sending your feedback. I hope your problem can be solved soon.

You can find more information about Google Maps on Help Center and Help Forum (you can discuss your problem here also). Happy Mapping!

Level 4

The bridge is now finally marked as closed, so in that regard my problem is solved.

On the other hand I did not get any feedback about it. No email, no notification, no status update or anything like that. And it is still not shown at "my contributions".

So I am still wondering if that type of editing maps is actually working at the moment and if it should be visible at "my contributions"?

Hi @Svelix, I'm glad that you problem is solved. 

It may takes time to receive points. Can you please wait for a week? Or you can send a feedback to Google Maps Help Center - click Send feedback about the help center in the bottom right of the page. Thank you!