SusanA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Map Title for location is incorrect, but details are correct so I don't know how to edit the name

Abrams Claghorn Gallery in Albany, CA does not show correctly when in the map mode. It says Albany Arts Gallery which is the name from years ago. If I try to edit it shows the correct name on edit page. How can the incorrect name on the map be changed?

Abrams Claghorn Gallery, Solano Avenue, Albany, CA, United States
5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Map Title for location is incorrect, but details are correct so I don't know how to edit the nam

@SusanA Hi 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect Forum and Thanks for your Posting on Connect....

U can make this name correction By using Suggest an edits option 

Screenshot_2017-01-28-21-50-22.png

Change the name with correct name or submit this

Screenshot_2017-01-28-22-03-10-1.png

For more details read this https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/7084895?hl=en&ref_topic=6224587

Level 9
Level 9

Re: Map Title for location is incorrect, but details are correct so I don't know how to edit the nam

Do you mean the legend on the map? I've tried various levels of zoom and only see Abrams Claghorn Gallery. 

Screenshot 2017-01-28 at 15.54.42.png

Level 3

Now it reads correctly! I went to suggest an edit page and filled out form but didn't see change. It may have take time to correct. Thanks!

Level 9
Level 9

The problem you have is that there are two different listings both live, one for Albany Arts Gallery and one for Abrams Claghorn Gallery The legend on the map is not editable and will appear when the Google algorithm decides, so sometimes you see one and sometimes the other.

The Abrams listing was originally named Albany and was changed to Abrams in April 2015

In Sept 2016 a new Albany listing was added

The advice you received above to edit the name is not correct. You should open Albany Arts Gallery and click 'Suggest an edit', then at the top click the box next to 'Place is permanently closed or has never existed' then click 'Duplicate'

Google will look at both listings and (eventually) merge them effectively removing the Albany entry

Level 3

Thank you, I submitted as a duplicate.