beingteja's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Local Guides Connect Tips and Suggestions for newbies

Hi all Local Guiders,

This is Teja from Hyderabad. I have just joined Google Local Guides Connect and I am so much excited that I am playing a tiny role in contributing to Google Maps. Now I can say to all that I work for GOOGLE.

Can you guys give any tips and suggestions for newbies.

Thank You

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
4 comments
Level 10

Re: Local Guides Connect Tips and Suggestions for newbies

Welcome to official community of local guides @beingteja.

Actually we are not Google's employees. 

It's a volunteer program and we are all sharing our passion here to make world a better place. 

Level 6

Thank you

Yes, I know. just saying that we indirectly work for Google.

Level 7

Hi @beingteja.

I am glad you are enjoying contributing to the Google Maps and to Connect! We do this because we have a passion to help others, as well as connecting to people who have the same passion.

Have fun contributing, be honest with what you write, and keep having fun! The rewards are endless. 🙂

Level 9

Hello @beingteja we are happy to have you here from India. 

A warm welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum.

Why don't you take a moment to introduce yourself to the other Local Guides? Here some tips to help you with your self-introduction:

1. Name: 
  2. Location:  (tag your location in the location field below)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: 
  4. I love to share: 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: 

Be sure to explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 
  • This area has helpful more information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 
  • By following this link you can find local guides near you.

Many thanks and have fun with other local guides. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.