zenmischief's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Local Guides Community - Pre-existing but closed?

Hi! I am interested in starting and moderating a Local Guides Community for my city. I have found that there are no current (at least promoted) communities for my city. There is one that was previously operational however the owner has posted that it is closed and no longer being moderated.

1. Can I simply "take over" this G+ community (which already has quite a few members) as moderator, or would I need to start from scratch? If I CAN take over, then how do I go about this?
2. If I need to start a new community, how does this work via Facebook? It's easy to see how it would be linked to our profiles and stats on G+, but on Facebook is seems like an entirely different format and I'm not sure how these would connect.
3. Also, do members of the community - either Google + of Facebook - need to necessarily be Guides themselves? Or is this membership also for those interested in just following the posts?

Thank you!
-zm

1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Local Guides Community - Pre-existing but closed?

Hi @zenmischief,

My understandings below:

It will be best if the owner of the closed community can transfer the group ownership to you.   

The hosting platform (G+ or FB) does not matter as long as activities can be seen by public.

And yes, members should be LocalGuides.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Re: Local Guides Community - Pre-existing but closed?

Hi @zenmischief,

My understandings below:

It will be best if the owner of the closed community can transfer the group ownership to you.   

The hosting platform (G+ or FB) does not matter as long as activities can be seen by public.

And yes, members should be LocalGuides.